jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Using my Amazon ID versus using HubPages

1. SandyMertens profile image52
    SandyMertensposted 2 years ago

If I chose to you my Amazon ID instead of sharing with HubPages in the Ad program, is there still a split of earnings with HubPages or will I get 100% it someone buys that product when using the Amazon capsule?

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
      Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you use your own Amazon affiliate ID, you will earn whatever percentage level you are at with your own sales.

When you use the HP Amazon program, you will benefit from the fact that all the sales of all other hubbers pushes all of us up to the 8.5% commission level very quickly each month, usually by the 3rd or 4th day of each month.

As fluffanutta mentioned in his answer, you earn that commission for all your sales from your 60% of the impressions.

2. fluffanutta profile image78
    fluffanuttaposted 2 years ago

You always get 100% of the commission from sales. It's the impressions that get split, so you only have a 6 in 10 chance of getting credit for a click by a vistor.

3. SandyMertens profile image52
    SandyMertensposted 2 years ago

So reading on, I guess either way there will be the 60/40 split. And it may pay to go with the earnings program.

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, because you'll get a higher commission.  The only thing to check before switching is whether you've got enough in your personal Amazon account to get paid.  If you switch before you reach the threshold, the money will be stuck there.

2. ILoveLegosToo profile image61
      ILoveLegosTooposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've always used a combination of Amazon modules (with Squidoo and now with the Hubpages earnings program) and text links (with my own code) as I find different visitors will click on different links.