jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

A Question About Amazon Links From Squidoo to Hubpages

1. Chris Tyler profile image81
    Chris Tylerposted 2 years ago

I've looked through all the information on Amazon links and I'm having a little trouble understanding the rules here. Everything that I've found says that you are allowed 1 Amazon/Ebay link per 50 words of text, yet on one of my transferred Lenses, I have the following warning:

"This Hub has more than two affiliate links or links that point to sales or lead forms. HubPages allows up to two links to a single domain. Links in the image source field of images also count toward this limit."

Is there a hard limit on Amazon links, or is it based on the amount of content? Or have I missed something simple and now look like an idiot? smile

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The rule is 50 words of content per Amazon product, provided the products are actually relevant to the content of your Hub and that your content contains useful information instead of just trying to sell something.

Check to see what other links you have on your Hub. (Check photo capsules, for instance.)

What is the title of your Hub?

Chris Tylerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It's my "Disney Home Essentials: Disney Coffee Mugs"

I've been doing some research and I think I might have found my problem. Some of my Amazon links aren't trough Amazon modules, they're affiliate links in the body of the text. Those are the ones listed in the warning.

It looks like Amazon links outside of Amazon modules count as affiliate links, not Amazon links.

1. pauldeeds profile image
          pauldeedsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Correct, you can only have 2 amazon links that aren't using the capsule.

Chris Tylerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That's good to know. That will save me a lot of time during my upcoming mountain of editing I have to do. smile

working