jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What is a "LINKING LINE" in an article?

1. Kain 360 profile image86
    Kain 360posted 2 years ago

I have been working on a lot of articles for Constant Content. Recently, I got rejected for not having a linking between the introduction and the subheading. What is a linking line precisely? Editor told me example "below are some tips."

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image80
      LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

In-line linking (the correct terminology)

"refers to a link within a web page which causes content from another website to be automatically loaded onto the web page. To the user, the content from the other website appears to be part of the web page." http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/In-line_linking

For example when posting links to an image found somewhere else like the links that you may put under an image found on flickr.

" the owner of a website uses in-line linking to display an image rightfully posted on another site" http://itlaw.wikia.com/wiki/In-line_linking

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is just an article I wrote. I am not including website links or anything. As far as I know, I am not allowed to put links in articles for CC anyway...

2. spartucusjones profile image90
      spartucusjonesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Based on the example "below are some tips" the editor is talking about a statement which connects (or links) the introduction to the subheading. Without obvious connectors it is possible an article could become disjointed.

Kain 360posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I really don't fathom what they mean.

My article is like like this:

then conclusion.

They never mentioned anything like this on my other articles.

2. misterhollywood profile image92
    misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago

Does the central idea of your content weave itself into the subheading and throughout the article? Just thinking out loud.

3. GypsyOwl profile image80
    GypsyOwlposted 2 years ago

spartucusjones  is right. I'm not sure but, when I was studying there was something like this and they were called 'transitions'. This is a good article about it.

I have used Purdue OWL often to improve my writing skills. It is a free resource from Purdue University.

4. firstday profile image80
    firstdayposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the resource. Most days you can find me going through these forums reading hubs in addition to reading forum answers.  Hub pages is an incredible source of information.