jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Trouble deciding in which section to post hubs.

1. Karen Ray profile image82
    Karen Rayposted 2 years ago

My latest dilemma in deciding in which section to post my hub was with my hub regarding teens buying their first vehicle. I ended up putting it in the Family/Parenting section under Teens. I put it there because I thought it might get more traffic since it directly related to teens. On the other hand, it could have gone in the Auto section under Buying/Selling vehicles. I'd like to know your opinion - where would you have posted it?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I did one similar to that and used Family/Parenting/Teens    Yours is about buying a vehicle so Auto section would see more appropriate.  You can always try one for awhile and if traffic is poor use the other.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago

I think I'd have put it under 'Car Buying Guides'. After all, the hub is about buying cars, whether for teens or not, so that's where people seeking advice on buying cars are probably most likely to look. But, on the other hand, I do understand why the 'Teens' category might be appropriate.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

I looked under 'explore', 'hubs', and decided on this:
    Personal Finance - Financial Planning - Money Management for Young People
    There was someone else who did this too. I did not look through all of them.

5. abidareacode profile image53
    abidareacodeposted 2 years ago

Too many subdivisions cause this confusion. So better to put in "Automobile" session and if needed may change to sub sessions.

6. Karen Ray profile image82
    Karen Rayposted 2 years ago

Thanks so much for all your responses. This isn't the first time I've had this dilemma so I didn't know if others struggled with it as much as I do. I'm thinking I may do the suggestion of try one, then move it if traffic is poor. I appreciate your thoughts on where to post it - I'll have an idea where to go with it when moving.