jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (18 posts)

What's an appropriate "minimum" hub score?

1. revolutionbjj profile image91
    revolutionbjjposted 2 years ago

A whole bunch of my lenses just transferred over, and I'm trying to start with the lowest ranking "hub scores" first to bring them all up to the highest standard possible.  What's a good "minimum" hub score to shoot for, given that I have 90+ hubs to nurture? 

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer!

1. DrBillSmithWriter profile image81
      DrBillSmithWriterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Surprised you haven't gotten a response. From a few months experience here, on two other accounts, it seems to me that 70 is the minimum acceptable… not that anyone really much cares about hub scores, but, we all look at them.
      I'm taking the very same approach on my 157 transfers. Although, as I've started through them, I've also deleted 7 or 8, so far. Just not enough text to justify, and didn't care to spend the time upgrading. I have upgraded several, and enjoyed doing it. Very interesting process!! ;-)

1. lisavollrath profile image89
        lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I agree, Dr. Bill. I'm enjoying the process of revisiting that older content, and expanding it.

2. sockii profile image91
      sockiiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Most of mine transferred at  a hubscore 45-52, and then settled around 35-60 ***before editing*** after a few days of showing some traffic.

It's been about a week since my 200+ lenses transferred. Of the ones I've manually updated to conform to HP standards, most of those have risen to the 60-90+ range (even high 90s). And even of those I haven't touched after a few days they are all at least 59 now.

So, I'd say, don't worry too much about Hub Score. Concentrate on fixing violations on lenses one at a time. The scores are not all that important, really, compared to just being in compliance.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hubs tend to start around 50 and drift upwards.

If they go down from their starting value and stay low you may be getting hit with a penalty that needs sorting out.

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Your external links will be 'no follow' with a hubber score under 85.

By which measure, I guess I suck.

The same is true for hub scores under 40, but being featured is a more important metric.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is true, except for the part that you suck, because I don't think you suck.

I'll just add : The higher Hubber Score you have, the more likely your lower scoring individual Hubs will be featured to search engines.  Very low Hubber Scores will send all of your Hubs into non-featured status. And, no, I don't know what the Hubber Score cutoff is because HP never said what it is when it announced the above.

2. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You make ppl like me feel better about ourselves. Hopefully that doesn't depress you more.

1. psycheskinner profile image81
        psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

LOL.  Maybe I was just fishing for the reassurances nice hubbers are giving me about my non-suckiness.

I try and ignore hubscore but sometimes I do get a little irritated by it....

1. Sed-me profile image83

You have always reminded me of Emile. Both of you appear to be very level headed, so if your feathers are a little ruffled, I feel vindicated. lol

2. Writer Fox profile image81
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The scores suck.

1. Sed-me profile image83

I knew we'd all be a family one day.

1. goatfury profile image89
              goatfuryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad I started this thread.  I feel like I have brought family together.

3. goatfury profile image89
    goatfuryposted 2 years ago

Thanks, guys!   This is my regular Hubpages account. Almost all of the hubs I have on this account are above 70, since I wrote all of them specifically for Hubpages. I'm actually really happy with my content.

Upgrading the revolutionbjj hubs is going to take some time and energy, but I think it'll be worth it if I end up with an additional 90 quality hubs.

4. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You want to edit in order from what was your most popular lens on down, if you want to try and preserve your traffic flow.

Because of the URL redirects?

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Because that traffic is redirecting to messy looking pages.

OK, that makes sense.  If they look okay, leave them alone regardless of hub score (for now) and focus on the lower ranking hubs - decent strategy?  I just don't want to have low ranking hubs representing me at all.

working