jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

TIP: edit former charity lenses

1. kerbev profile image77
    kerbevposted 2 years ago

If you had a lens that donated to charity and said so, make sure that you change that text on the hub so we aren't being dishonest about it.

With the reports as they are, we can't tell exactly which hub earnings come from, right?  So we couldn't just donate the money on our own each month in the exact amount, right?

(I mean, we could donate something, but never really know if it's right.  Right?)

1. Arachnea profile image85
      Arachneaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Glad you asked this. I was just going to ask if there is a charity option here at HubPages. I fairly certain I can donate directly to those charities I prefer.

2. Marina Lazarevic profile image85
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Great advice! I'll sticky this thread at the top of the forum for the day so that others have an easier time finding it.  Unfortunately, we don't provide a direct way to donate HEP earnings to charity.

2. Greekgeek profile image98
    Greekgeekposted 2 years ago

Come to think of it, our Squidoo Dashboard is still functional for a little longer. Log in on Squidoo and check the payment settings pane; I haven't gone in there in ages, but the last time I checked, there was a way to see which hubs were set to charity.

1) On your dashboard, click your avatar at upper right.
    2) Choose "Settings."
    3) Click "Payouts" tab at left.
    4) Under "Individual Lens Settings" header, click to view a list of all your lenses and which were set to donate to charity.

(You can see which lenses actually paid something to charity under Stats > Payments, but if you'v got a lens that hasn't earned a payout, it won't show up there.)