jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Transferred Link Lists

1. lisavollrath profile image89
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

I have two former Squidoo lenses that are basically long lists of links to craft projects:

Recycled Christmas Crafts - http://lisavollrath.hubpages.com/hub/re … mas-crafts
    Recycled Magazine Crafts - http://lisavollrath.hubpages.com/hub/cr … zine-ideas

I haven't edited either yet. They both have dreaded red skulls, so I want to edit them soon, to remove the violations (more than two links to some sites), and to turn them into something that looks less like a lens, and more like a hub.

Both are getting good traffic here, as they did on Squidoo. Both have hub scores that are strong, and rising.

Before I hit the edit button, I could use some thoughts. Should I continue to present this content as lists of links? Add some short how-to content in between lists? Toss them, because they don't really fit the long content hub format?

1. PromptWriter profile image83
      PromptWriterposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I expected to find a very long list of links but I see an intro and you've divided them into categories which I think looks good. Maybe add a little more to each intro section about why these ones are especially worth visiting. I'm new here too so that is the extent of my advice. wink
      Good luck.
      Moe

lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Moe.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You can present lists of links if that fits the nature of the article. You may get a 'warning' box suggesting to spread the links out but ignoring it has no consequences.  I have many hubs that are compendiums of links to various resources and they do very well.

lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. Off to take a look. smile

working