jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Printing Recipe HUbs.

1. Judy Filarecki profile image91
    Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago

I have a fair number of recipe Hubs and when they were on Squidoo, there was a print option available to readers. Is there something like that on HP?

1. Melinda Longoria profile image90
      Melinda Longoriaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I've asked this question before. All you can really do is press CTRL P to print the hubs individually. There is not a print button unfortunately. This would be a nice feature.

Judy Filareckiposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That work, but then you get everything else on more pages than you really want to store as a recipe. This is one of the few sites that doesn't have a way to just print out the recipe. I'm sure our readers would really appreciate it. I have give a suggestion about it but have not had any response tat I know of.

PS: I wonder what happened to the rest of the responses I received from this topic.

2. Sue Adams profile image92
    Sue Adamsposted 2 years ago

Could you perhaps take a screen shot of the page/s you wanted to print? You can always enlarge and cut out and paste the relevant parts in Paint or Photoshop, then print those to stick on your fridge or whatever.

3. calculus-geometry profile image85
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

You might get a quicker staff response if you pose the question to the suggestions forum.  I think what you're asking for is a print button that generates a printer-friendly version of the page minus the extraneous formatting, comments, and ads.  I like the style of the printer-friendly pages that allrecipes.com uses, perhaps it would not be too hard for HP to engineer something like that.

I did submit it to the suggestions forum 4 weeks ago, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/124753
      The response was that they will consider it when the work on the recipe format in the future.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
        calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If they gave you that response, then it's probably not going to happen any time soon, unfortunately.  What you could do in the mean time is create a simply formatted recipe document, upload it to some file sharing service (Google Drive is popular) or host it on your own website,  then include a link to it in your hub.

Thanks. I'll have to give that a thought.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
            calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Here's an example of a crochet pattern hub with a link to a printable version in the first paragraph

http://holyjeans30.hubpages.com/hub/FRE … ingPattern

Thanks. That is perfect. I know I can handle that.

working