jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (20 posts)

The response on my hub from a content thief!

1. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 2 years ago

Here is what he/she wrote:

1. gmwilliams profile image81
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This is the epitomy of a high tech bully, blaming the victim for his/her behavior.  If that is not the definition of purely psychotic behavior, then WHAT is?

Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You are right Gmwilliams. Here is my response:

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
          LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

So... what was written???

In order to see the quotes change the page to chronological instead of threaded.

2. gmwilliams profile image81

Excellent, classy reply.  There are people who simply do not know internet decorum nor etiquette.  One DOES NOT steal content.  If one does not have the talent to write, then DON'T write.  Plagiarism is the most abominable and insidious act that one can commit.  They should be prosecuted!

3. lisavollrath profile image93
          lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Nice. I love it when they try to blame the person they stole from. How dare you object to someone stealing your content!

Honestly, I'd have more respect for someone who walked into my house, and stole my TV.

2. kenneth avery profile image80
        kenneth averyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What nerve. Or what ignorance.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
      Uninvited Writerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

That is what you call a clueless person. Let her do that from a major site and see how much she will be laughing then.

1. gmwilliams profile image81

Not clueless at all.  This person knows exactly what he/she is doing.  It can be called sociopathic manipulation.  This person has no moral/ethical compass.  He/she delights in turning the tables on Cardisa, diverting from his/her misdeed.   Clueless people are not cognizant and/or have any awareness of what they are doing but this person is ACUTELY AWARE and is just playing a game.
        http://s1.hubimg.com/u/10493022.png

1. Alastar Packer profile image81
          Alastar Packerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Is that a cottonmouth, GM? You nailed Karma right on their noggin'smile

3. Alastar Packer profile image81
      Alastar Packerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Confucius say: Karma shouldn't mess with a tigress.

lol Alastar. big_smile

2. mdgardner profile image88
    mdgardnerposted 2 years ago

Your response was perfect. And what's the point of having a private blog that nobody can see?

3. quildon profile image85
    quildonposted 2 years ago

I'm sorry this happened to you, but glad you were able to discover it. How do you check to see if your content has been stolen? And is there any way you can protect your work from plagiarism?

Hi Quildon, it was discovered by the HP plagiarism checker. When HP finds a hub stolen you will see a little red copyright symbol like this one ©, beside the hub title in your account.

Other than that you can manually check by copying a unique line (less than 32 characters) from the hub, paste in the search bar within quotes, click search. All the articles found by the search engine with those exact words will come up.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

Wow, that's ridiculous. Love how the thief tried to blame the victim (you). What a jag-off. You were a lot nicer in your reply to him/her than I would've been.

I wanted to be nasty but I was in a good mood.

1. Marketing Merit profile image87
        Marketing Meritposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You played it right Cardisa. Your reply was intelligent and articulate....as always! wink
        Showing any emotion would show the thief that he/she had 'got' to you.
        Gmwilliams knocked the nail on the head with his reply. At best, the thief is simply ignorant. At worst, he/she has narcissistic tendencies.
        Perhaps we should all be praying for an improvement in his/her unfortunate disposition!

5. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image88
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 2 years ago

Height of Impudence.

working