jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Job Loss Around the Corner

1. RGraf profile image86
    RGrafposted 7 years ago

Been told that my job could be terminated on 6/30.  Really need a telecommuting job since I homeschool my children during the day.  Looked at a few sites but not sure who is reputable.

Any ideas?

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image90
      Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I just posted a Hub about this very thing today:

Top 5 Work at Home Jobs

Best wishes to you!

2. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

Have you considered writing for online sites like the examiner.com?  Right now I am making much more with Hubpages than I do with the examiner, but I am sure over time it will help a little.  This cannot really stand in the place of a full time employment of course, but the extra money is helpful.  Plus you get to write about your expertise, and when I look at the examiner they have people writing about most any imaginable topic under the sun.  You can even suggest a topic you want to write about, which is how I got to be the LA Jewelry and Card Making Examiner.

1. 0
      TheSandmanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

great idea SweetiePie and also unemployment if it come to that will let her make a certain amount of money to supplement what they give.

3. 0
    TheSandmanposted 7 years ago

Hey RG... I can really feel for you, I don't know what you family situation is , but job loss is job loss. But from what I have heard avoid most work from home jobs. I do think there may be out lets for your great writing abilities and intelligences...how about the media?

4. 0

Home schooling  Great I love that but now also understand why you really need to be home, try local newspapers, the small ones free lance etc. also there are ways to write for especiaally small radio staions from home

5. 0

Hi again,

Sorry for the multiple post but I tend to think in segments, Don't panic, you first of all have 3 months to get a plan together, and you will also get unemployment which comes with great insurance, and other benefits...food stamps etc....do not be ashamed to look for what is available...your not a dead beat but a victim of the economy as many of us are