jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Social media counter

1. misterhollywood profile image90
    misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago

Hi, all,

I've been writing here for some time and can remember a time when there was a sliding social media gadget that offered a "count" of FB likes, Pinterest posts and all that on the hubs. I noticed the gadget is still there but no longer offers a count. Just wondering what the thinking might be behind removing the numbers?

Thanks!

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It was slowing down the page load to wait for the statistics from social sites, so HP removed them.

misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Very interesting and totally makes sense. Thanks for the insight. I just read two of your hubs and am going back to read more!

2. aerospacefan profile image87
    aerospacefanposted 2 years ago

Writer Fox I did not know this. Thanks for taking the time to respond. I was hoping someone knew the answer to this after post appeared. That makes total sense! You are a gem. Thanks again!!

3. Nate On A Plate profile image80
    Nate On A Plateposted 2 years ago

Meantime you can use this to find out how many likes, pins, etc your articles are getting: http://www.likeexplorer.com/

4. aerospacefan profile image87
    aerospacefanposted 2 years ago

Cool tool Nate!

5. celebassistant profile image82
    celebassistantposted 2 years ago

Also, Google downgrades websites that have longer loading times, so HP is working hard to have a high pagerank, which is good for all of us.

misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Celeb! Good point!

2. aerospacefan profile image87
      aerospacefanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Interesting - thanks for this information Celebassistant!

working