jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (18 posts)

Amazon Earnings Can I See Items Clicked, but not Bought

1. CatherineGiordano profile image90
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

I got my first amazon earnings from hubpages today. Only a couple of dollars, but nice to see it was working. It answered a question I had --do I earn only for the product clicked on or for anything the person who clicks buys after clicking. It is apparently the latter which is how it works on my persona AA account on my blogs. The items purchased are not items I have posted in my hubs.

Here's my question. Is there a way to see what was clicked? On my blogs, I can see a list of clicks with no orders as well as a list of items ordered. So I can get an idea of which items are getting clicked even if no sale.

CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

This question just occurred to me. With my own amazon affiliate account, I don't earn when I purchase stuff for myself.  How does it work with HubPages? Technically, the sale comes from HubPages and not me. Or what if I use someone else's account--will they get credit for the sale?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

We earn from sales not clicks.   Go to my account-Click on earnings-You will see Hub pages Earnings Program settings.  Click on Amazon program reports and it shows earnings and number of clicks.  We do not know which hub the sale was made from.

I know that we only earn on sales, but it is useful to know what people are clicking on. A click gets them to amazon' site, but then I can earn on whatever they buy even if it is not what they clicked on.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

That information is not provided to us on Hub Pages.    If you use your own Amazon Associates account, you can get the information from your reports pages.  However, those reports are only for your personal Amazon Associate account.

Thanks Linda. I thought that was the answer, but I decided to ask just in case I had missed something.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Catherine: Paul Edomonson posted something about HP is considering a way for us to know which hub our sales were made from, but that is not a definite.

Linda : Good to know.  And I confess, sometimes I post questions hoping for that exact outcome.  I know staff reads some of them and this is how I get their attention.  So if anyone else would like to know what amazon items get clicks, reply here.

2. jodijoyous profile image60
      jodijoyousposted 2 years ago in reply to this

He said they're working on it (it will happen), which will be great!

1. profile image0
        Jason Sositkoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, this is indeed great news. That info is very useful to say the least.

5. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 2 years ago

Congratulations Jodi on that quick sale! I'm waiting for my first. However, might I say that I surely would want to know which hub made that sale. I guess you and I got spoiled by having the daily posting of sales on our lenses where we would see it post to our activity stream and then be able to see the detail in the stats for each lens. Since we know that often the Amazon bought item is random, I'd surely want to know which hub produced that random sale.

1. jodijoyous profile image60

Yes, I hope they get the per hub stats working soon!

Don't be jealous. The first sales were very, very, very, very small. Blast those low, low, low, low price book sellers!

Got a couple of good ones from my own links though.

6. profile image0
    julieannbradyposted 2 years ago

Jodi, well every little cent adds up to make a lot of sense down the road! wink Say, an aside ... I can't figure out the proper etiquette of this forum to get my reply to be indented under the person I am replying to ... when I try to do that, it says it is importing the entire post of theirs and I can edit it? I'm confused!!

Hoping to get my first Amazon sale soon ... I'll bet it won't be a book!

1. jodijoyous profile image60

Not in this case! sad

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60

We do not place orders for ourselves from our hubs!!!

8. Glenda Motsavage profile image82
    Glenda Motsavageposted 2 years ago

@jodijoyous  Thanks for helping me understand how the Amazon sales work here on HP!  For several weeks now I've had the same questions that you posed.  Happy to hear we get the sales from any random product they buy (whether on our Hub or not!).  I, too, would love to know which Hub and specifically which Amazon item was clicked on!  It helps to know what is working and what is not.  As @julieannbrady has eluded, we've become accustomed to having this information in our 'Activity' stream and also in our 'Stats' on Squidoo!  Thanks for posting this... and congrats on the sale!

9. Knightmare Golem profile image95
    Knightmare Golemposted 2 years ago

Although you can't see which ad was clicked from which hub, I found it useful to look at the 'Amazon Sales Report' tab under the Earnings tab, which is different from the Amazon Earnings Report mentioned earlier.  I have quite a few different ads scattered throughout my hubs, and if I see one specific item being purchased I can sometimes pinpoint where it came from.  Although if you used keywords rather then a specific product that might get a little bit harder.

I did that. It tells me what was bought. Since the items bought were not ones I advertised, it doesn't help.  It's probably not that important, I'd just like to know. If I had a lot of sales, it would be good to know what hub(s) they came from so I could promote those hubs more.

working