I'm new to Hubpages

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (35 posts)
  1. Fantasy Novels UK profile image60
    Fantasy Novels UKposted 9 years ago

Hello fellow Hubbers,

I don't know if this is the correct place to introduce myself. There was no introduce yourself page. Hopefully i'm not violating any rules.

I joined today so completely new to the forum. I have already posted two hubs and waiting on them being verified.

What I was wondering was what the score was that keeps popping up in front of my profile picture?

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Fantasy and welcome to HP. I'm fairly sure you picked the right category for your post. The little score by your picture is called your hubber score. No one knows exactly how it's calculated other than it's a reflection of your average hub scores and your activity on HP - comments on hubs, forum posts, activity in the Q&A section. It usually goes up fairly quickly and, with a little community participation, will stay in the 80s and 90s. It will fluctuate and tend to go down a little when you publish a new hub, but will go back up.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This tells you all you need to know about the HubPages scoring system: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubs … d_13970188

The Learning Center is a great place to learn all about HubPages: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

3. profile image0
      swilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome! The Hubpages has a great supportive community! Happy Writing!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

That number is your hubber score. The number next to your hubs is your hub score. Do yourself a favor and don't even try to figure them out, how they are arrived at, because HP has not really given us an exact answer.  Hubbers have different opinions, but that is what they are, personal opinions.  The numbers rise and fall  consistently. One hubber described them perfectly in their hub using the numbers from the stock exchange as an anaology.

3. esmonaco profile image68
    esmonacoposted 9 years ago

I read you hub and thought it was very interesting, I look forward to reading more. Welcome to Hubpages smile

Fantasy Novels UKposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the read and the message. I also checked your page out, your hubs look really interesting. I loved your article about Methods of Keeping Children Away from TV. I will look forward to reading more of yours. You have a great selection there.

4. Iris Draak profile image60
    Iris Draakposted 9 years ago

Welcome, Fantasy.  As Shelamyers said, don't worry about that score.  Focus on good content and responding to other HP writers and your readers and it will take care of itself.  All the best!

Thankyou Iris Draak,

I'm looking forward to writing good content and hopefully building a community of friends here.

5. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 9 years ago

I also read one of your hubs, and hope you might review some current YA books. Some of  us like to buy books for our children or grandkids. Welcome to HP.

6. Dale Hyde profile image80
    Dale Hydeposted 9 years ago

A warm welcome! smile

7. ologsinquito profile image82
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Welcome Fantasy Novels.

8. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

Welcome.

Hi Arachnea,

Thank you for the welcome

9. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

We're all just folk here, but we're Hub folk. wink

10. witchgirl172 profile image60
    witchgirl172posted 9 years ago

Just joined my name is Tina I'm 42 married no kids. I do have pets who we love very much. been married for 16 years.Love to make friends and hope to make some here. I'll write more later and glad to be here. Tina/Teen.

Hi witchgirl172,

Good to see another newbie, hope all is good with you and your finding your way around the pages easily. I have only been on here a few days however the people are very supportive and helpful. It seems like a really nice group.

Great to meet you

11. jemuelO profile image86
    jemuelOposted 9 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages! I am so glad to meet new hubbers like you. Hope you will enjoy your stay here...and I am wishing you all the success in online writing.

By the way, please visit the Learning Center page for more information. You can also ask our fellow hubbers on the forum.
    We'll be very glad to help you.

12. liesl5858 profile image83
    liesl5858posted 9 years ago

Hi! Fantasy Novels UK, welcome to Hubpages and I wish you all the best and every success in your writing career. I guess you are from England, too. I come from East Sussex as well near Brighton on the South Coast. I love it here on Hubpages. It is a good place to write about what you know. Good luck.

Hi liesl5858,

Nice to see some support from a fellow British writer. I'm originally from Scotland, but have lived in England for the past ten years. I have had a couple of weekends in Brighton, it is a lovely place.

Hope all is good with you and best wishes to you to.

13. Whidbeywriter profile image81
    Whidbeywriterposted 9 years ago

A great big welcome to you! I have been on hubpages for a few years and just love it. Their format for writing hubs is second to none, and the people are awesome! Best of luck to you. I certainly look forward to reading your hubs!

Hi Whidbeywriter,

Thank you for the welcome, it's really nice to see such a nice community here. I love chatting, writing so it's the perfect place for me. I also love exploring and reading other peoples work so will definitely pop in and check out your hubs.

Thanks again for the support

14. Katya Drake profile image61
    Katya Drakeposted 9 years ago

Great question and welcome to hub pages! The score you are seeing is your Hubber score. This is based on a number of different criteria but basically, your goal is to keep this score up near 100 because then your Hubs are more visible. The key to getting this score up is to write good quality Hubs often, keep them updated and be involved in the Hub pages community. There is more information on this in the help section. Good luch!

Hi Katya,

Thanks for the advice, I have checked out the link and have found the information useful.

I would like to say thank you to everybody for their support, I have already started checking some of your hubs out and will continue to do so over the next couple of days. Hope your all good and the best of luck to everyone of yous with your writing.

15. TDowling profile image60
    TDowlingposted 9 years ago

Welcome!

I think you will find this is a very supportive community of writers. Enjoy your stay and don't bother to focus on that little number on your photo. This topic has been debated/discussed on Hubpages for some time.

Here's a link to such a forum discussion from two years ago: http://geetbhim.hubpages.com/question/1 … swer385750

Peace.
    -TDowling

1. sallybea profile image94
      sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Welcome to HubPages - I hope you stay here will be a very happy one.

16. Mick Beet profile image71
    Mick Beetposted 9 years ago

me too..............

Hi Mick,

Welcome to hub pages, hope you meet some new friends

Your article about outer body experience was really interesting, cant wait to read some more.

17. Moses Wafula profile image71
    Moses Wafulaposted 9 years ago

I am new too and getting on well. welcome

18. Jodah profile image91
    Jodahposted 9 years ago

Hi Fantasy Novels, Moses Wafula and anyone else who is new here. This is a great place to write and a wonderful community. It may take a little while to find your feet, but you'll soon be off and running. If you need help with anything feel free to ask. Good luck and have fun.

19. profile image0
    Affilmarketsposted 9 years ago

Hi

I am new here too but its a bit complicated and difficult platform to use (my opinion). Unless you know what u doing then u might be fine otherwise careful what and how u post because ur post will be remove by Hubpages.

Enjoy and have a good fun at it.

Sally

20. ecogranny profile image84
    ecogrannyposted 9 years ago

Welcome to HubPages from another newbie! I've only been on HubPages about a month, but I'm finding the community warm, inviting and supportive. Looks like your experience is the same as mine.

21. My Bell profile image92
    My Bellposted 9 years ago

A big welcome to Hub Pages! I'm on the newer side, just a couple of months. I'm still learning the ropes a bit. It sounds like you are off to a great start. Enjoy writing those early hubs and meeting all the fine people in the Hub community!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)