jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Text next to Polls/Push right OR Left...?

1. StevePicksLLC profile image61
    StevePicksLLCposted 2 years ago

So, I'm new and I'm still learning on how to operate a hub, so if this is already possible, someone please explain it, otherwise I've tried figuring it out and it doesn't feel like it is able to... anyway, the idea I have, is that I want to put two polls together, one on the right AND one of the left, but there is no way from what I've seen that permits anything to be moved to the left, only to the right. Also, if I wanted to have a pull, put it on the left, and then follow it up with a text column to break down the reason for the poll, it might be nicer to have it directly next to the poll for better results. Again, this is my opinion, and i'm new, so maybe there is already a way to do this or there is a way to make it look nicer that I still need to investigate; either way, once this posts, I will continue to investigate. This is just how my immediate feelings are and I hopefully am not wasting anyones' time by being new. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
    Patrick W.
    Steve PIcks LLC

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, there's no way to float images, polls, maps, quizzes, tables, videos to the left or to have such capsules be arranged side by side.  HP users have requested this feature for years and the answer from staff has always been no, that it's too hard to engineer or something. 

You'll not get any arguments from older users that such a feature would be nice.

StevePicksLLCposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your reply.

I am confused though how they can float left, up, and down.... But not right??? HAHA. All the money going through this and they can't hire a temp to solve this problem? XD that's fun.

Again, thanks for the post!
        Steve Picks LLC

1. Jayne Lancer profile image91
          Jayne Lancerposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm not sure it's seen as a problem. Only the other day there was a discussion about floating capsules to the left on another thread if you're interested: http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/124600#post2634284

Thank you! That was interesting to read.

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

How all the various bits that can be in a Hub operate,

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. I'm a learn by trial and error. Haha, sadly not always the most effective way to get things done. But it helps learn things more quickly, especially when there are things forgotten in the tutorial or not in the tutorial due to new updates; makes them harder to learn or at least to discover.

But again, thanks! If I get stuck or need a reference, I'll be sure to take a look at it.

Steve Picks LLC