jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

does external traffic necessary to obtain good hub score?

1. britneydavidson profile image59
    britneydavidsonposted 7 years ago

hi hubbers....
    i am being more analytic these days...as i have read in hubpages FAQ, they said not only internal but external trafic also effects the hubscrore and overall hubber score...so how do i get external traffic???and is it necassary???please help me out....thanx

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

External traffic is the lifeblood of HubPages!  It's very nice having other Hubbers drop in and say hi, but they very rarely buy anything - it's visitors from outside who do that.

So yes, you do want external traffic and lots of it.  As others have said, your Hubscore doesn't really make a difference to how much traffic you get.  Do some research on promoting yourself - you'll find plenty of Hubs about it, I think Lissie has some - and you'll see traffic improve.

3. compu-smart profile image78
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago
  4. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Yes. External Traffic is what you should have always been after since you started! All webpages are designed to bring others to them, and by using hubpages and that they get 40% of impressions is the "cost" of them helping generate traffic and high pageranks to you! This will affect your score to some degree, and it will be the main source of all income!

Hope this helps,