jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Is It A Good Idea To Unpublish?

1. Ilonagarden profile image84
    Ilonagardenposted 2 years ago

I wondered if some of the problem lenses that are not yet updated for Hubpages might be better off unpublished? What are the consequences to scores and traffic when we unpublish something?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you unpublish, you will lose all the benefit of the 301 redirects from Squidoo.

So long as you don't touch your lenses, they will sit there quite happily for the whole four months.   Just resist the temptation to start tinkering with multiple Hubs!   Start with ONE Hub, leave it published while you work, and keep going till you're happy with it.  Then move on to the next one.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Unpublish it, fix it at your own pace and publish it again.  It will take another 24 hours for it to go through QAP again.

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 2 years ago

You have a four month grace period to fix imported lenses.  There is no need to rush and unpublish right now. 

Fix things in order from most trafficked to least.

4. Lady Lorelei profile image78
    Lady Loreleiposted 2 years ago

The four month grace period is not so graceful. I have 3 accounts that arrived with about 400 articles. I have one article that was unpublished (which I don't think is over promotional) it is on free online monopoly games (reputable sites).

I also have a few where the ads have been disabled.

5. Valerie P Davis profile image83
    Valerie P Davisposted 2 years ago

We lose the redirects if we unpublish? Ow, glad I haven't done that yet! Glad to find it out.

6. Ilonagarden profile image84
    Ilonagardenposted 2 years ago

Thanks for the input, guys. I went ahead and unpublished a couple that I thought could not be easily worked into the Hubpages environment, like the ones that feature many Zazzle links.  I won't be able to simply rework them.

I didn't think about losing the benefits of redirects. That is an important consideration!

7. ilikegames profile image81
    ilikegamesposted 2 years ago

Definitely don't rush as others have said there is a 4 month grace period to make use of.

1. LisaMarieGabriel profile image84
      LisaMarieGabrielposted 2 years ago in reply to this

See this thread. The 4 month grace is NOT sacrosanct as you might think. http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125284

8. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 2 years ago

Lol at this thread - plus the advice from the 'grandees'.

We now know what Google thinks of it.

1. rebekahELLE profile image91
      rebekahELLEposted 2 years ago in reply to this

G obviously doesn't approve, and really, why should it? I see a backfire here, it could be that the repeated 301's on the imported lenses are an issue.