jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)

How are you using Hubpages for SEO?

1. misterhollywood profile image91
    misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago

Hi everyone,

I'd love to hear how you are using HP for your SEO efforts. Any tips or suggestions? I run a celebrity gossip site and use links from my hubs to feed traffic. I also have so e customized ads that I created from Bannersnack that are linked to a few of my hubs here.

Thanks!

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
      Jean Bakulaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm beginning to change the titles of older hubs that I feel were pretty good but never got enough traffic. The original URL is still kicking around somewhere, but the same hub will be able to be found on Google under the new title. Just a thought.

misterhollywoodposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Jean! That sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna have to try that!. Smart approach!!

2. swetasingh513 profile image59
      swetasingh513posted 21 months ago in reply to this

Because there are many advantage of hubpages.like as great link,traffic,earning.

2. kpp2385 profile image72
    kpp2385posted 2 years ago

Hi,
    If you are interested in getting links, I would suggest create hubs related to your niche and ensure that anchor text is correct for you to get enough link juice.
    And please let me know if you are able to generate dofollow backlinks being a 95 and plus score your selves.

3. best-gifts-ever profile image60
    best-gifts-everposted 2 years ago

Actually, these days it's no longer very effective to build only anchortext links. It's better to have variety. So a simply 'more here' link can also work. As long as the visitor is clear about what they will find at the other end of that link. Focus on the user first - anchortext and other link-schemes second.

Interesting - I had not heard this. Thanks for the tip!

4. Roberto Liccardo profile image60
    Roberto Liccardoposted 2 years ago

Anchortext links are an old technique now recoignized as "Spammy" from Google post-Panda algorithms. I would suggest using the brand name instead.
    And Misterhollywood, to get back to your original question, yes I do use HP for SEO.

However what I have noticed from those conversations is that the "SEO" meaning has been confused, as there are two separate levels:
    - Hubs are good to build back-links to the site money;
    - Hubs are good to be found in Google themselves and bring traffico to the site money (more traffic to the site = better rankings).

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for sharing this!

5. greg2biz2 profile image61
    greg2biz2posted 2 years ago

Roberto, can you please, say more abot the anchor links? Why they are taken as spam? Never heard that kind of statment before. I am not questioning your statment but do you have any leading article ab out it?

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

I found a nice article on anchor links and how to use them properly:
    http://www.wordstream.com/anchor-text

1. greg2biz2 profile image61
      greg2biz2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

thank.

7. Roberto Liccardo profile image60

Hi Greg, avoid using anchor text of you main keyword is now well recognized in SEO communities and you can find this on many articles around the web.
    The general approach to backlinks text would be using:
    50% Brand Anchors
    20% Naked Links
    20% Generic
    Generic anchors include “click here”, “go here”, or “check this out”.
    5% Keyword Variations
    5% Exact Match Anchors (or less)

let me know if you guys would like to discuss this further

1. greg2biz2 profile image61
      greg2biz2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

thanks

8. DealForALiving profile image86
    DealForALivingposted 2 years ago

Thanks for all the great ideas here!

9. Roberto Liccardo profile image60

Thanks!

10. sumitnabham profile image60
    sumitnabhamposted 10 months ago

I have just joined and came here on this site. I hope it brings some juicy traffic as well as client for my business.

working