I searched through the Squidoo discussions here and couldn't find answers, so here goes with my questions:
1. Can we start a new hub without sending our transferred hubs into QAP review? I'm having a hard time grasping the best way to tackle editing my hubs without actually using the editing process here. My thought was to start a new hub to use as a tester. I'm assuming the process is similar to Squidoo where we can add capsules and (somewhat) preview or work before publishing. I'd really like to get familar with the process before editing any transferred hubs and stopping the grace period!
2. What are your thoughts on the best way to tackle modules not transferring properly to capsules? I'm wondering if it might be easiest to delete existing capsules and enter all text and photos fresh, rather than trying to fix giant walls of text.
Make sure you've got the originals downloaded and be careful with plexo and any modules that aren't transferring. I found that the downloaded xml from one of my lenses -- that I'd downloaded straight from Squidoo) didn't even have my plexo in it. I wonder if this had something to do with the way they set up for the transfer?
I had to go back into Squidoo, edit the page and copy/paste everything from that plexo.
Don't know if that will be a problem with other non-transfering modules, or even if it was just a glitch that I had.
Do NOT start an entire new hub for an old lens - if you do, your original publish date will change.
1. Yes. Publishing/creating new hubs will have no effect on your transferred lenses remaining in the "grace period". The grace period only expires on an INDIVIDUAL lenshub when you go in to edit THAT particular lenshub.
2. You can edit the walls of text individually, just copy & paste the properly formatted text capsule by capsule from the Squidoo edit mode of the lens. It's tedious but it works, and there's no reason to delete the capsules. It's definitely important to do that side-by-side comparison, though; I've found a few lenses where I'd included a lot of good text in rss modules, plexos that I reformatted as basic lists, etc.
Thank you for you answers (all of you!)! I was worried that starting a new hub to get myself familiar with the process would trigger a review of my account before I did any actual editing. Right now I'm slowly going through each hub, noting all the edits and other things I need to do (and checking the learning center to see how things are done here). I appreciate everyone's patience and help as we all try to adjust!
1) Any new published content goes through QAP. Any imported lenses/Hubs that you edit then has the grace period ended for just that Hub, and it goes through QAP. (Processing time varies with the queue.)
2) Depends on what you are fixing.
There are some issues with creating new capsules to edit a hub:
1. Sometimes it is hard to see the entire old capsule.
2. You might forget to delete the old capsule, and wind up with extraneous information on your hub.
3. The hub is live and still published, so at least while you are editing, people see extraneous information and things out of sync.
If I were you, I would use another program, like Word, to give me the time to properly edit a hub until I was ready to publish it. This would also give you a chance to do a grammar check. Then when you are ready, you can just copy and paste the new sections over to the hub.
by Tim Bader2 years ago
Hi,I've got several hubs which have suddenly become un-featured "due to lack of engagement".On the one hand, fair enough, in that they haven't had a lot of traffic, if any, since they were transferred from...
by AnnaMKB9 months ago
First off, my hubs are transferred from Squidoo, and I am aware of various issues there. I'd already checked and edited hubs after the transition, so this is all post transfer.What I don't understand is why some...
by Tony2 years ago
There has been a lot of discussion in the last few days about HP changing the rules and people being un-featured or even un-published for spam and over promotional activity. So I just want to add my...
by Writer Fox2 years ago
According to Paul Deeds' forum post, transfers of articles on Squidoo are beginning today. Has anyone had their account transferred yet? If so, how did it go?http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123836? …...
by Glimmer Twin Fan2 years ago
I don't know about anyone else here on HubPages, but all of the these new hubs being moved over from Squidoo are inspiring me to write more hubs. Not sure why, but they are. Maybe I'm just a wee bit...
by Georgianna Lowery2 years ago
I'm not knocking anybody (or maybe I am) but I have seen several "Hubs" that transferred from Squidoo that are composed of nothing more than very thin content and a whole bunch of merchandising links (and even...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.