jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

What does it mean when traffic is coming from hubpages.com?

1. Maina Ndungu profile image86
    Maina Ndunguposted 2 years ago

I've noticed that when your hub is featured, you get some traffic from hubpages.com because it is placed on the home page. But I've recently been getting a few visitors per day from hubpages despite the fact that I have not published a hub for quite some days. Where could these visitors be coming from. Can somebody explain?

1. Susana S profile image92
      Susana Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

They most likely routes are that they are either coming from the related hubs links at the end of each hub (most likely) or you might get the odd visitor who browses the topic categories.

1. Maina Ndungu profile image86
        Maina Ndunguposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Susana I think your second guess may be true. Thanks, I hadn't thought about that.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
          Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

People also visit you by clicking on your name when you post on the forum and if you are showing up on someone else's Profile under "Others you might like" in the right column.

2. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not guessing smile

They can also be views from the hubhopper.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image88
      Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

If you haven't published a hub, nobody but you can see it.  Those visits are yours.

On published hubs, the hope is that traffic continues to come for perpetuity.

2. aerospacefan profile image86
    aerospacefanposted 2 years ago

Another great question and helpful response!! Thanks Writer Fox for answering this one. I was curious too!

1. Writer Fox profile image80
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Also, logged-in visitors can click on your name and visit your Profile when you leave a comment.  (I visited you because you left a comment on my SEO Tutorial Hub!) cool

3. The Examiner-1 profile image83
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Traffic from HubPages means that members of HubPages (Hubbers) either see your featured Hub listed somewhere. Or if they are following you they get a message in their email to notify them.

4. Michael Kismet profile image89
    Michael Kismetposted 2 years ago

This may be a dumb question but if an outside visitor came to Hubpages from another users hub, and they find their way to your hub through related hubs etc, do you get credit for an impression?

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

yep.  any way they get to your page is an impression for you.

working