jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to deal with former Duel modules?

1. Lionrhod profile image92
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

I've got duel modules on a few of my old lenses that I haven't fixed yet and I'm wondering what to do about them.

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, they're showing up as two comments modules alongside each other.

Right now they don't have a lot of comments in them (I was pretty new on Squidoo and didn't have a lot of traffic yet) but if I leave them there, eventually they might stretch waaaay down the page.

At the same time I felt they offered valuable content and a reason for viewers to come back.

What's your take?

1. Kylyssa profile image95
      Kylyssaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to know the answer to this, too, because I have duels with dozens of comments and I don't know how to make them look good.

1. Anthony Altorenna profile image94
        Anthony Altorennaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have a few Duel modules too, and I just started converting them into Poll modules. It's not the same level of visitor interaction that was available with the Duel module, but the Poll gives the Hub a cleaner appearance.

2. paperfacets profile image83
    paperfacetsposted 2 years ago

I put my duel at the end of the hub, and added more info to the beginning with a text capsule. It was not making sense with what was transferred.

Deleted some comments to make it not so long.

3. Sed-me profile image82
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

"How to deal with former Duel modules?"

I think most men would buy two bouquets, a bottle of wine and hope at least one of them was interested.

1. tellers profile image59
      tellersposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, I must be dim - not sure what you're suggesting?

My duel modules on hubs that were imported from Squidoo are very badly messed up and I, too, would like to know how to go about making them look reasonable (or at least coherent) to page visitors.  Is there a recommended alternative to replacing former Duel modules with a Poll capsule and/or deleting all the comments that otherwise extend half-a-mile down the page?