jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Revamping and reevaluating ... from lens to a hub.

1. ForEverProud profile image79
    ForEverProudposted 2 years ago

I was not a big Squid, just a few lenses which I thought were pretty good quality, but I am finding with the transfer to HubPages that my lenses really did need some extra work.  Initially, I was concerned about the format and so much of my material not organizing itself into the capsules the same as it had been at Squidoo.  But, after tackling the organizing and adjusting to the size of the HubPages capsules, I found that I really needed to update and upgrade my material with more thorough research and resources.  The updating/upgrading really has taken a good deal of time, and I've got about 2/3 of the work done.  So all in all, I am happy I was somewhat "forced" into revisiting my lenses with a more critical eye.  Has anyone else coming from Squidoo had the same experience?  I'm just curious.

2. ZCademy profile image83
    ZCademyposted 2 years ago

I've found the same thing.

The worst part is dealing with the 5 product lists of Amazon products.  While they looked fine on Squidoo, they don't here. I've been adding text capsules between each, with more info about each item. This makes the hub look and read a lot better, and lets me flesh out my topic.

I have a few hubs that will take a long time to fix (Top 50 science fiction books), but they will be much better afterwards.

3. paperfacets profile image83
    paperfacetsposted 2 years ago

I spent all day yesterday editing about a dozen hubs and forgot to edit the topic categories. I had to go back to each of them today.

Remember that small detail while you do your edit work.

1. robertzimmerman2 profile image84
      robertzimmerman2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

The same thing happened to me! Just when you think you noticed all the details, another one pops up.

4. ForEverProud profile image79
    ForEverProudposted 2 years ago

Same here .... I keep noticing details that really don't work on HubPages as well as they did with a Lens, and at the same time I've discovered that my text boxes could cover a lot information.  A lot of my adjustments have been in editing my images too, because many of my images did not work as well in a Hub.  I think the lack of flexibility of image size and placement on Hubs is the one thing of which I've been disappointed.  But I'm adjusting and making it work.  All is all, I do believe that my lenses/hubs will be much improved after editing. smile

5. Titia profile image89
    Titiaposted 2 years ago

I've done a few, but it takes a lot of time. I have to redo a lot of photos, remove all eBay capsules, because I don't have adsense and was rejected in my first attempt to get it.

I don't have a blog (yet), I don't live in the USA, all I had were my unedited transferred lenses of which lots still look like crap in their old outfit. I don't blame them for rejecting me.

I'm not a fast worker, I get sidetracked a lot, so it will take for ever to update all my 100+ squbs.

But....it's a good thing to clean up my Squidoo house, because I came across a lot of stuff that wasn't there anymore where I had pointed to.