jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Old Squidoo Question

1. Robin Egerton profile image62
    Robin Egertonposted 2 years ago

I was on Squidoo a few years ago.  Now I'm back to writing.  It's been so long that I was on Squidoo that I don't remember what e:mail/user name/password I was using then.  My old e:mail addy's are closed.  It's been so long I can't possibly have a 'featured' lense, and I understand those are the only ones that will be automatically transferred.  Is there a way to access my old lenses and manually transfer them?

(If any of you are also writing on Suite 101 - now Suit IO - I have basically the same question!)

Robin Egerton

1. 0
      Jason Sositkoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Work in Progress lenses were to import too I believe. You know the ones that went into the red because of lack of traffic, this is different than the locked lenses that weren't imported over.

Perhaps you could use the wayback machine to jog your memory of usernames and such?

2. Fiorenza profile image82
    Fiorenzaposted 2 years ago

Robin, do you remember the titles of any of your articles?  Because you could try a google advanced search (<text to find> site:hubpages.com) and if any of your articles were featured and were transferred over, they would come up in google and you could then approach Hubpages admin with some info to then request access to your account.  (Or otherwise try the Wayback machine as Jason suggests.)

3. Greekgeek profile image97
    Greekgeekposted 2 years ago

Robin, when I looked up your name online I found an old homeschool blog that I think may be yours. If so, it links to your Squidoo lenses which are filed under:

I'm a little confused what's going on with your account. It looks like one of Glen's lenses has somehow gotten listed there? But at any rate, if that's your lensmaster name, try this:

1. https://www.squidoo.com/member/login
    2. Click the "forgot username or password" link
    3. You've got your username -- SadieCope, right?
    4. Hopefully that will send your password to an email address you still have.

If those email addys are no longer working, I'm afraid you may have to get help from Hubstaff, as I doubt SquidooHQ will be answering help-mail at this point.

In theory, your lenses should still be on Squidoo; the only ones transferred before the end of this month should be those whose owners have instigated the transfer on their Squidoo dashboard.