jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Cleaning a Lens/Hub

1. ZCademy profile image84
    ZCademyposted 2 years ago

I've started cleaning up my huge (former lens) Hub, Gifts for Knitters. This is a very large hub (the original lens was even larger; I had to split it into two pieces), containing a curated list of products that make great gifts for a knitter.

The long lists of Amazon products, I can handle. The trouble is with the Allposters.com artwork. I have 4 pieces of art on the hub. In proper Squidoo fashion, each had several links: the image itself, and at least two in the caption/description.

Of course HP gave this Hub a Warning. That's ok. But even though I removed all but one link in the description of each image, the Warning Info box says I have 11 Allposters links.

I can't figure out where these extra links are ... as I said, I removed all but 4. The link itself is no help,each piece of art is listed by numeric code.

Can anyone help me track down the extra links? I know 4 is still over the legal limit, but I'll deal with that later, once my warning box lists only 4 affiliate links.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Sorry, but you can only have two links to Allposters on a single Hub.  (And, that includes photo capsule links and text links.)

When you are scaled down to two links, save your edits and publish.  Then refresh the page and see if the warnings are removed.  If they are not, go to your Account page, scroll down to the bottom, and click on the big grey tab which says "Check for violations now."

2. ZCademy profile image84
    ZCademyposted 2 years ago

Thanks, WriterFox, I know I'm limited to 2 links per domain.

The problem is, at my present point in editing, I should have 4 links, but the Warning box says I have 11.

I need to find those 7 invisible links, so the warning box agrees with what I appear to have.

Onc I'm there, I can figure out how to get down to the 2 links.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I looked at your Hub and you have four links using your affiliate AllPosters (some appear under the comments section, which you have two of on this Hub).

You also have 16 Amazon products, many listed in a row just as a list of links without text.

I think this is where the problems are.

1. ZCademy profile image84
        ZCademyposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for looking ... the warning list now says I have 8 affiliate links. I guess I'll just have to play with them to see what's going on.

Once I get that figured out, I'll fix the Amazon links. I know how to do that.

[I'd spend 6 hours solid on the fixes, except I'm moving myself and kids out of a 4 bedroom house right now. I'm *so* happy for the 4 month grace period!]