Heads up on the Hub Pages Ad Program - make sure it's active

1. Lionrhod profile image92
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

A few days ago I set up my Ad Programs.

This morning I was reading a few articles on "How to make money on HP" and it mentioned several icons that it said I should be seeing on my account pages. (Sorry, I failed to realize I'd be writing this post or I would have saved the URL.)

I went to my account and surfed around a bit, wondering if it was an old article and stuff had been moved.

Then I noticed that on my Earnings tab it said that the HP ads program was NOT active. Now I THOUGHT I went through all the steps, but obviously I missed one. (If anyone can post the exact steps necessary, it might be helpful for ex Squids and other folks new to HP.)

So double check your account and make sure that the Ads Program is "active".

1. neosurk profile image89
      neosurkposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hmm, I am not sure of the exact steps, but when I associated my AdSense account and PayPal and my tax information in the Earnings program, the ads program was automatically activated. I can't recall having to activate the ads program separately.

Anyways, here is the official entry on steps for signing up for the HP Earnings program. Sometimes it can be confusing to differentiate between ads and earnings program, btw.

HubPages Earnings Program Step by Step

I found a very good image on the page that shows different ad blocks and places when you use AdSense only and Ad program.