jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

How To Back Up (Save) Hubs?

1. CoeGurl profile image79
    CoeGurlposted 2 years ago

How do we back up (save) these hubs (like we did with our Squidoo lenses)?

Forgive me if this has been asked, but I cannot seem to find the answer after searching.

Thanks! Coe

1. ajgodinho profile image85
      ajgodinhoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi @CoeGurl,

One way to backup your hub is:

1. Open a live hub, by clicking its URL;
      2. Right-click (in a blank portion of the hub);
      3. Choose the "save as" option;
      4. Give it a file name;
      5. Choose either "Webpage, Complete" or "Webpage HTML"
      6. Click the "Save" button.

Cheers!

CoeGurlposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, AJ! That was one-half of the procedure for saving Squidoo lenses. Sheesh, I should have thought of that.  : )

You're welcome @CoeGurl!

The Firefox add-on backup option that @NateB11 provided is probably a better option if you're trying to backup your whole HP account. I see that there is another version called Scrapbook Plus.

2. NateB11 profile image91
      NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I use a Firefox add-on called ScrapBook. It works really well, also use it to save posts from my websites. Here's a great tutorial on how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aUmTRrEsyE

Nate, thanks for the information and link about the Firefox add-on "ScrapBook." I had not known of this before and it looks like an excellent tool!

1. NateB11 profile image91
          NateB11posted 2 years ago in reply to this

No problem CoeGurl. It's a great tool. It saves Hubs exactly as they are, images, text, the whole thing; copy looks just like the Hub. You just have to make sure you only save the Hubs, or else you'll be using up space for unnecessary stuff; all that is explained in the tutorial.

3. Snakesmum profile image89
      Snakesmumposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for posting this question!   Not because I don't know how to do it, but because I've been forgetting to back up my edit lenses when I've made them comply with Hubpages rules.
      Just as well you reminded me. :-)

smile    You're welcome, Snakesmum! BTW, I just used the ScrapBook add-on and it works so quick and easy!

2. shellys-space profile image61
    shellys-spaceposted 2 years ago

Hi AJ! Glad to see you here smile Thanks for the information, I didn't know how to save my pages either.

Hey Shelly, you're welcome and nice to see you here too! I'll connect with you shortly smile

3. Shades-of-truth profile image86
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

I'll chime in and say "Thank you" too, AJ! I have been so busy since the transfer, I completely forgot to find out how to easily save my content. That'll do it!

working