jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

First Hub Ever

1. Nom-The-Plum profile image61
    Nom-The-Plumposted 2 years ago

Hello, hubpages world! I just published my first ever hub, so I thought I would come over to the forum and introduce myself. Here I am. I hope my hub is of use, or at least passing interest. And I hope you enjoy my user name; I thought it was a delicious pun. See what I did there? Free extra joke; you can have that one. Thanks for your support!

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think it would make an excellent blog post.  But, HubPages really isn't the place to start a blog.  You could try Blogger for a free platform to set up a blog.

Articles on HP cannot be too personal, which is the way you wrote your article. 

I would suggest you read some of the other Hubs on this site to understand what kind of articles are accepted here.

Good luck.

Nom-The-Plumposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I was really just getting my feet wet, and I thought it might be useful to share my first experience with other new hubbers who might have felt the same. As I familiarize myself with HubPages more I'm sure I'll have something more appropriate to contribute. Thanks again for being my first reply!

2. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 2 years ago

You are off to a good start.  You have titled sections, added images, even a poll.  You seem to keep the reader in mind in your post.

As has been said though, you will need to think about what types of content you want to put here.  Also, you will want to look into the types of images you can include.  Your first image is from a public domain website so it is probably okay, but the second one is likely copyrighted.  All images are copyrighted unless permission is otherwise granted. I recommend reading the Learning Center article about the use of images.

Nom-The-Plumposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'll be sure to check into that this evening - thanks for the heads up.