jump to last post 1-17 of 17 discussions (22 posts)

Cheers all, just started with Hub Pages, and would like to follow you.

1. Mick Beet profile image81
    Mick Beetposted 2 years ago

Cheers from Australia..........

Having trouble with Google senses, is it really hard to got on......

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi from a fellow Aussie. 

You need about 20 Hubs and a track record of a month or two before it's even worth trying to apply for Adsense.  They want to see that you're serious about writing online.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image95
      Phyllis Doyleposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome to HubPages, Mick. It is nice to meet you. I wish you all the best here.  smile

3. redmondunmore profile image60
      redmondunmoreposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Welcome aboard

I am also new to this

2. Mick Beet profile image81
    Mick Beetposted 2 years ago

Thanks...Have a good weekend

3. robhampton profile image87
    robhamptonposted 2 years ago

Cheers mate.

4. My Bell profile image92
    My Bellposted 2 years ago

Hi Mick and welcome to Hub Pages! I agree with Marisa although I did get approved at 11 hubs but they all had a high word count, lots of photos, etc. I think it was at month 2 when I got approved and I'm not at 4 months. You will enjoy writing those hubs I'm sure and will love the Hub community. Again, welcome!

Mick Beetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Cheers...thanks for that

5. Rachael Tate profile image83
    Rachael Tateposted 2 years ago

I don't know why Hubpages start asking you if you want to apply after 5 hubs when you're so unlikely to get approved.  I'd previously heard 10 was the magic number but I think that was a few years ago.  I just got refused at 10 so next plan is to apply at 8 weeks and 20 hubs.

Mick Beetposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  Cheers

6. Rachael Tate profile image83
    Rachael Tateposted 2 years ago

I don't know why Hubpages start asking you if you want to apply after 5 hubs when you're so unlikely to get approved.  I'd previously heard 10 was the magic number but I think that was a few years ago.  I just got refused at 10 so next plan is to apply at 8 weeks and 20 hubs.

7. LeslieAdrienne profile image81
    LeslieAdrienneposted 2 years ago

God Bless you Mick... welcome to the Hub. Absolutely the best article factory and social site on the web... welcome

8. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Hey Mick, how is going "down under"? Go with what Marisa said and if you do not receive it the first time, keep writing and try every two months after that. Work up to writing Hubs like My Bell wrote.

9. DealForALiving profile image81
    DealForALivingposted 2 years ago

Welcome to HP, Mick!

10. word55 profile image82
    word55posted 2 years ago

Cheers Mick! Welcome!

11. 0
    debW07posted 2 years ago

Hello Mick, and welcome. I read somewhere that it's easier to get an Adsense account if you set up a Blogger account and write a few blog posts. Best of luck!

12. taiwokareem profile image84
    taiwokareemposted 2 years ago

Welcome to HubPages Mick, im sure you would love it here. nice to meet u

13. favored profile image56
    favoredposted 2 years ago

Hello Mick, it's nice to meet you. I see you are already making friends. Blessings to our new friend from down under.

14. Fred Arnold profile image61
    Fred Arnoldposted 2 years ago

Just build up 10 good hubs and you will have no problem.

15. Fred Arnold profile image61
    Fred Arnoldposted 2 years ago

Oh to give more information:

Each hub around 1200 words, have corresponding pictures and bullets, using Hubpage templates are a good way to get a readable layout, a video that explores the subject, and a map/chart/question capsule. That's pretty much what I did. Took me less than a few weeks.

16. Susan Hambidge profile image91
    Susan Hambidgeposted 2 years ago

Hi and welcome. I'm fairly new too, and got accepted after 10  hubs and 2 months. All the processes took me a bit of time so set aside a quiet hour and take a few deep breaths!

17. Thelma Alberts profile image82
    Thelma Albertsposted 2 years ago

Welcome to Hubpages Mick and to all new comers! I hope you will enjoy it here.

working