jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

410. That page doesn't exist.

1. adamparsec profile image74
    adamparsecposted 2 years ago

I have been writing a "how to" on my hub page for over a week now. Today I logged in to write more and all I get is the error,   "410. That page doesn't exist."
    Have I lost over a weeks work?
    Is there a way to get all my sleepless nights of work back?

Please help,
    I am too scared to put endless hours of work back into it again if this kind of thing happeneds often.

Thank you

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Adam, you are trying to find your Hub from the URL, but the URL is not online yet because you have not published your Hub.

Go to your My Account page, find it on that list, and click on the link there.  This will take you to the Hub you are writing and you will be able to edit it there. (You have to be logged in to see your Account page.)

adamparsecposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for replying so quickly.
        Unfortunately the page says No Hubs found.
        I might just have to bite the bullet and start over again. May be I should write it out on my computer first and then copy it over to my hub page, that way I don't lose all my work again.

Deep breath, here I go again.

Wish me luck,

1. Susana S profile image92
          Susana Sposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You must have been writing the Hubpage somewhere if you've been working on it all week. Are you sure you went to your account page? (The link below will take you there.)

Or might you have another account?

adamparsecposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had saved a shortcut on my desktop to lead me back to the page I was working on.
            This may have been the issue, I am not too sure.
            I will login to my account from now on and select my hub to edit from there.
            Yes, I only have one account. This will be my first hub when I am finished.

Thank you for your help.

1. Camille Harris profile image
              Camille Harrisposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Adam,

I see two Hubs in your account, though one was deleted.

Susana and Writer Fox are correct (thanks!!). You can find your Hub(s) here.

Feel free to contact us with any other questions, and welcome to HubPages!

2. psycheskinner profile image81
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

Don't use a shortcut to an unpublished hub, these will expire.  Make a shortcut to your account page.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

Have you been writing in HP Start a Hub or using a word processor, blog, Squidoo, other?