Isn't It Time for HubPages to Get Rid of Hub and Hubber Scores?

1. bushaex profile image83
    bushaexposted 2 years ago

On the one hand I am new to HubPages along with the Squidoo transition adventure, and on the other hand I am a two-year old on HubPages through my existing activities here. I intentionally joined HubPages during a low point (2012) in the site's evolution. I have been pleased to see the ongoing efforts to improve HubPages -- but the existence of Hubber and Hub scores is simply ludicrous from any reasonable perspective. In the words of Survivor's host, "It's time for you to go!."

At a minimum, the management team at HubPages should take a long look at how meaningless Hub Scores actually are. I have been part of HubPages for just over two years, and the Hub Score appears to be (at best) a crude attempt to provide numerical data for something that should not have been quantified in the first place. What will it take for HubPages to get rid of these absurd and meaningless numbers? The one number that HubPages assigns each author is only slightly less confusing --- but it is also insulting at times and most definitely should be eliminated from the "public realm" that is seen by visiting readers.

When my Squidoo lenses made their recent journey to HubPages, the Hub Score mystery was enhanced even further. On four consecutive days, I saw the following range for my "new" Hubs:

Day one: 46 to 55
    Day two: 42 to 57
    Day three: 57 to 74
    Day four: 68 to 86

What is even remotely helpful about fluctuating scores like that?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago

I sympathise.  I started a similar thread two years ago:

HubPages is not interested.   In fact, when the subject came up on a recent thread and I suggested to the person that they revive that thread rather than posting a new one (so HubPages could see the suggestion wasn't new), HubPages closed the thread so it couldn't be revived! 

The only possible reason for that reaction would be to close down debate on the topic, so draw your own conclusions.

HubScore has been changed recently and it appears to be much more closely related to the "stellar Hub" check boxes (in the top right hand corner of your Hub in edit mode).  The more boxes you can check, the higher the HubScore will be.

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
      Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Stellar hubs.... I had not thought of checking that out.  Guess I will try to find the time to go through each of my remaining hubs and see what I can do in that regards.  Thanks for that suggestion.