jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hint for ex-Squidooers - check your Fan Mail

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
    Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago

Those of us who came recently from Squidoo may not know this, but it helps if you check your Fan Mail on your profile page. It is also helpful to check who followed you. I have found quite a few that I knew from Squidoo, and sent them Fan Mail. Most of them have already approved it, but some of them most likely are not yet familiar with that feature.

1. Writer Fox profile image81
      Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you pointed this out to new people.  Some people transferring from Squidoo don't like to receive fanmail, though:

They don't seem to understand what it is all about.

1. Lionrhod profile image95
        Lionrhodposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I checked out that thread and was pretty surprised at the negativity toward what I consider a fun and useful feature.

No, I'm not about to start saying "hey come check out my hubs" since I consider that tacky. However I think that the OP perhaps missed the point.

I'm using the fan mail to 1) connect with some of the folks from Squidoo that I loved and followed over there and 2) to let good writers know that I appreciate their work.

As I recall, on Squidoo we didn't even have the ability to follow a particular author. We had to remember who they were and check up on them every so often. So I consider this a major plus.

As a writer, it just plain feels good to get fan mail. It lets me know that my hard work in writing my pages is appreciated. And I like being able to spread the love and let others know that their hard work is appreciated too.

And will I check out the folks who have followed/fan mailed me? Of course! If they like my writing then there's a good chance I might find something valuable about theirs. I'll at least look at their profile and see if any of their subjects interest me. And if I like their work or they're writing on a subject dear to my heart I'll probably follow/fan them too!

1. 0
          Kidz Cardsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I  do the same I follow and send fan mail to those who have followed/fan mailed me

2. Lionrhod profile image95
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

Yes this is a nifty feature. Already been fanned by others and started fanning writers I appreciate.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image87
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We have had so much to learn, in such a short time, that I thought I would mention it. I stumbled upon it, myself!

3. bead at home mom profile image83
    bead at home momposted 2 years ago

It is a really nice feature, I have seen many features that hubpages offers that makes it a more desirable community to be in, I especially like knowing who is following me.

Just taking the time to explore the headings of our acct and viewing what is behind each tab has opened lots of new info. It's a new world for sure and liking what I see.