jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Duplicate photos from transfer

1. Paula Atwell profile image80
    Paula Atwellposted 2 years ago

Hi, I have a lot of photos that are duplicated from the transfer. I was wondering how can we tell which of the images is attached to a hub and which is extra so that we can delete it? I can tell which were from lists of lenses because they are smaller, but these are the same size.

1. Marina Lazarevic profile image86
      Marina Lazarevicposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Paula! Can you clarify where you're seeing the duplicate photos? Is it in Hubs themselves or in My Photos? If it's the latter, than that is expected behavior from a reimport (assuming some or all of your Hubs were reimported). Each time a Hub is reimported, its images are uploaded to My Photos.

If you're seeing duplicate images inside of Hubs, then that sounds like it might be a bug.

Thanks!

Paula Atwellposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I did not have a reimport Marina. These are in My Photos.

2. lisavollrath profile image90
      lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Paula, I just finished cleaning out my photos, because I reuploaded some of them that transferred over at a reduced size.

I just went to Photos in my account, and clicked on those images I thought might be duplicates. A larger version will appear, and will tell you either where it's being used (the name of the hub or question), or that it's not being used anywhere. I deleted all the ones that said they weren't being used.

Thanks, I will try that.

Just an additional note: Lisa, this method is working. It will take some time, but I am assigning images to albums and deleting extras as I go. There are numerous duplicates some from the features lens module on Squidoo and others from multiple use of some images there, but I think there are also some duplicates that occurred when the stuff moved over. Anyway, checking them to see if they are assigned is helping. I am trying to remember to delete photos I am replacing as I edit as well. Thanks for this. smile

2. Fiorenza profile image81
    Fiorenzaposted 2 years ago

Thanks Lisa, that's a great help.  I didn't think of clicking on each image.  Quite a few of mine are duplicated, what with importing some in myself to fix, and also I think 2 of my hubs were reimported to fix the video issue as they have -2 on the end of the url.  Now I'll be able to get rid of the unused copies.

working