jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Amazon caps and dynamic urls

1. Barack James profile image87
    Barack Jamesposted 2 years ago

Most of the products in amazon stores are available through dynamic ulrs that change regularly: I have noticed a number of products that I din't recommend showing up in my hubs. The worst part; I include product's name in the Amazon caps title. It seems so embarassing to me when a visitor finds something else that I din't recommend in the Amazon caps. This has forced me to remove product names in Amazon cap's title to avoid the contadiction btween the product showing up and the indicated product name in the titles. How do you deal with this issue?

2. ZCademy profile image82
    ZCademyposted 2 years ago

How do you choose your Amazon product?

If you type in a search term, you'll get a dynamic link. But if you enter the URL or Amazon code for a specific product, that product will stay until Amazon drops it. [At which time the capsule will be invisible.]

--Liz
    pardon any fuzzy thinking, I need my coffee!

Barack Jamesposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Haaha: I liked that response, am sorted LIz:)

3. goatfury profile image93
    goatfuryposted 2 years ago

Liz is correct, from what I've experienced.  I'd suggest two options:

1.  Don't be as specific when titling the product.  Instead, say something more broadly general about a set of products (this works for some of my hubs)

2.  Make sure you're entering the specific URL.

Thanks Goatfury; that was really helpful

4. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 2 years ago

If you put in the specific ASIN number of any particular product, then that item will always show in your capsule, unless it's out of stock.

Thanks Glenn; i'll be using ASIN number

working