Google AdSense and Squids

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (30 posts)
  1. CassandraCae profile image84
    CassandraCaeposted 9 years ago

I just wanted to let other squids know that I was recently able to get my AdSense account approved.  I am not one of the squids with a massive account, mine was rather small.  At one time I had 25 lenses,  I only moved over from Squidoo with 2 lenses and I have worked to create a total of 13 hubs.  I have also only been on HubPages since the notice was given our content would be moved.  I was going to hold off until I had 20 hubs but I just couldn't resist.  I saw Google directing traffic to my hubs so I figured why not, if it's good enough for their search, maybe it is good enough for their ads.  I am so very glad I did.

1. Barbara Kay profile image75
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations! You are your way now.

CassandraCaeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks... Hoping to get my hub count up.   I really like this platform.   I am going to get my husband started here too.   He is super excited to get started.

2. favored profile image62
    favoredposted 9 years ago

Glad you were able to get it right away CassandraCaeposted.

I was shocked that it came through approved.   My articles have a lot of text but I have only 13 but I figured why not,  are they gonna tell me no?  Then I will just apply again later in a couple months.

3. profile image0
    robertzimmerman2posted 9 years ago

AS worked right away for me but I had an account I had setup for Youtube that I never really used so it was just a matter of linkage.

Overall I am very pleased with the way HP works and I am excited about learning the HP ways.

I am hoping to make video game blurbs on YouTube with my husband soon,  I didn't even think about adsense.

4. takkhisa profile image64
    takkhisaposted 9 years ago

@CassandraCae, Congratulations! smile I am glad to hear this. Just visited your profile, you have only 13 hubs and got an approved AdSense account! That's truly great. I do have 44 hubs here and I applied for getting one but it got denied, it happened because I don't live in the USA. However, now my intention here is to earn through Amazon affiliate program.
    Squidoo was a perfect platform for the people like me who live in Asia. Thank you, I wish you good luck.

I think you can still have adsense but you have to be on the platform longer.   I was super surprised about the 13 too.  I was expecting a denial but I was approved.  That's why I wanted to tell squids I got it with less than 20, just in case they were holding off like me.

1. takkhisa profile image64
        takkhisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes, now I do have to wait for 6 months long! It is a long time, my earnings now is very poor though! In fact, it was not like this on Squidoo. I earned a lot there! Only for this Adsense issue I have to suffer. Sometimes, it does make me stop writing as well. Well, @CassandraCae, best of luck smile

5. mhel19 profile image69
    mhel19posted 9 years ago

I think google adsense is not for asians like me,because comments I read ,we asians have to wait for 6 months for re-applying adsense, sad

1. Writer Fox profile image31
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But, after six months you will probably be approved.  There are many, many Asians writing on HubPages with approved AdSense accounts.

1. mhel19 profile image69
        mhel19posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yes,I know,its just that,we Asians have to wait for so LOng,that others not................well,I just wanted to say what 's on my mind,,,that's all and thanks anyway......It just saddened me to learn of it,and I can't focus to write,that's all..sad

That does stink. I am sorry you have to wait.   If Google were Asian everyone else would be waiting.  ☺  Do any of the mega search engines companies in that part of the world offer an ad program like Adsense.   It might be worth writing a blog for one of the domains in your country along the with the work you do here.  That would be a really cool adventure.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
          Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do understand.  But, it's Google's rule and there is nothing HubPages can do about that.  Hang in there and you'll be approved in time.

6. Zainab Tarawali profile image65
    Zainab Tarawaliposted 9 years ago

Congratulations, CassandraCae and welcome to Hub Pages! I recently got approved for AdSense also, so we'll see how it works out.

Thanks,  keeping my fingers crossed for both of us.

7. mhel19 profile image69
    mhel19posted 9 years ago

thanks cassandra and congratulations!

8. mhel19 profile image69
    mhel19posted 9 years ago

thanks writer fox....smile)

9. Glenda Motsavage profile image69
    Glenda Motsavageposted 9 years ago

@CassandraCae... You go girl!!!  Well... that will upset the apple cart regarding popular opinion about the timing of applications.  I was waiting until I reached 20 hubs (I'm at 19) but this is encouraging news for me.  Thanks so much for posting your results!

Let us know what happens smile

10. bibliopola profile image81
    bibliopolaposted 9 years ago

Congratulations.  I had an adsense account in my blog, I am using the same account here.

11. greenspirit profile image67
    greenspiritposted 9 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm asking this in the right place; it seems relevant but please re direct me if I need to ask this elsewhere...

I'm new to HP, have just got an email to say my adsense application is approved but I'm not sure where to go from here.

This may sound dumb to those with experience in this but I don't know how to find the adcode or ID referred to in the email, or where exactly to put it. Any help would be gratefully received.

1. Zainab Tarawali profile image65
      Zainab Tarawaliposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No greenspirit, you don't sound dumb. The same thing happened to me. You don't need to add or paste the code sent to you in the email. Hubpages has it set up so that everything goes under the right code. Just go to your earnings page and you'll see the Adsense status says "active". If you're fully approved, you'll get another email in about 2 days that says "your account has been fully activated.

Hope this helps!

1. greenspirit profile image67
        greenspiritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Zainab...I've just looked and you are right...what a relief. I was worried about touching anything because with google you can get caught in an endless circle of wrong passwords etc. Your help has been much appreciated.

12. dondarko profile image80
    dondarkoposted 9 years ago

Glad to hear that someone is getting the most of this publishing platform. Keep going!

1. greenspirit profile image67
      greenspiritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Don, I'm just finding my way gradually. It seems a good place to be so far.

13. bettyshares profile image61
    bettysharesposted 9 years ago

Conngratulations

14. English-lion profile image73
    English-lionposted 9 years ago

Wow just got my adsense seeing that you did it CassandraCae smile Got approved in under an hour cool ...... smile

YAY,  that's why I posted this smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)