Traffic has virtually stopped since we updated.

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (78 posts)
  1. Lady Lorelei profile image85
    Lady Loreleiposted 9 years ago

This drop in traffic seems to have affected the majority of us who transitioned here from Squidoo. After we updated our articles are traffic virtually stopped dead. The question is why? Was our redirect from Squidoo killed with the update?

What the heck happened? Please try to figure out why the sudden massive traffic drops for us importing our articles to Hubpages because this is so very disheartening.

1. PaulaMorgan profile image74
      PaulaMorganposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How frustrating for you. I have seen no change in my traffic at all although my sales are slower.

1. relache profile image71
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This has been what I have been experiencing.

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm wondering if this isn't just a problem across the Internet; maybe not for everyone, but for a significant number of people. Because my traffic has dropped on my Hubs and also on my own websites. Does something go on in late September that causes a drop in traffic? Hope so.

Edit: Actually, not sure if my traffic drop is totally unusual or a normal fluctuation.

3. Brite-Ideas profile image95
      Brite-Ideasposted 9 years agoin reply to this

just checking in to say hi, hadn't seen your post, wanted to show support - feeling the pain too

1. kislanyk profile image68
        kislanykposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Let me join with a strong 'me too'. After the 15th (i.e. 10 days after I transferred my lenses to hubs), I lost 90% of my traffic (from over 5000 down to 700 - today is 490 btw and still going steadily down.). And just 3 weeks ago we were discussing on another board how Squidoo traffic was increasing since June...and then the move and losing all our traffic and earnings.

Oh well, we'll weather this as well, hopefully.

2. favored profile image61
    favoredposted 9 years ago

Lorelei I have noticed this as well, but figured it was because my photo links to products were stripped with the tag words.  I don't know if that could be a reason or not, but it sure has hurt sales.

1. Brite-Ideas profile image95

that crossed my mind too

3. takkhisa profile image66
    takkhisaposted 9 years ago

@favored & @Lorelei, just to tell you two that I have noticed that as well! I used to get a lot of traffic from Google but now it is the opposite. Are my lenses on Hubpages very poor? I want to find a solution behind this. Thank you.

4. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 9 years ago

Be patient. It takes time for traffic to pick up. Certain hubs stay virtually dormant for a year, then suddenly jump in traffic tenfold.
    Sharing the lowest scoring hubs on social media often boosts their traffic.

5. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 9 years ago

Is it really the majority of lensmasters seeing a drop? It is a serious problem for people getting hit, and I don't want to minimize that; on the other hand, I'm hearing from other people who are seeing traffic pick up after transfer.

It's a little challenging for me to make an apples-to-apples comparison, because I deleted about 140 lenses on 8/20-8/22 in preparation for the move. That said, all my lenses had transferred by 9/7. So, here's my two-week traffic.

Google Analytics for my 260 Lenses in their new home on Hubpages:
    9/8-9/21 (14 days, Monday to Sunday)
    Sessions: 27,650
    Pageviews: 34,269

And here's my two-week traffic before they were moved.

Google Analytics for 400 Squidoo lenses:
    8/4-8/17 (14 days, Monday to Sunday)
    Sessions: 20,257   (Hubpages increase = 137%)
    Pageviews: 24,575 (Hubpages increase = 139%)

Google Analytics for 400 lenses trimmed to 260:
    8/18-8/31 (14 days, Monday to Sunday)
    Sessions: 18,247   (Hubpages increase = 152%)
    Pageviews: 21,990 (Hubpages increase =156%)

So even though my Squidoo portfolio has 35% fewer articles than it did before the transfer, it's still drawing about 140% more traffic than it did before the transfer.
    _____

The other telling thing is this. Here's the Quantcast data for Hubpages & Squidoo over the past month and a half.

Quantcast's measurement of "Global Uniques"—

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/11817853.png
    (A good chunk of lenses were transferred 9/2-9/7).

Keep in mind that many lenses and all of Squidoo's magazines and categories and HQ pages and forums are not being transferred, and a significant number of lenses were deleted by lensmasters preparing for the move. Despite that fact, overall traffic is rising.

That traffic may be partly seasonal, but at any rate, overall, it's not dropping.

1. FlynntheCat1 profile image55
      FlynntheCat1posted 9 years agoin reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11848670_f1024.jpg
      (Squidoo traffic was just below the 17th-21st traffic, hadn't touched my account at all til a couple of days ago. First logged in... probably around the 23rd, which was also the Panda update)

6. ILoveLegosToo profile image84
    ILoveLegosTooposted 9 years ago

I see the same increase in traffic using GreekGeek's dates.  However, there has been a noticeable dip in traffic since last Wednesday, 9/17 from the beginning of the transfer on 9/8.  Although in the last 2 days, traffic has been slowly increasing on my end.  The dip is above the August traffic, however, that's always been the case on my end as traffic has always been greater in September.

7. SusannaDuffy profile image80
    SusannaDuffyposted 9 years ago

Yep, my lenses came from Squidooo with good traffic,and  that traffic stayed until I edited them as hubs. Then zonk! Traffic zoomed down to practically nothing. Some with no visitors at all after 2,000 a week in their old home

Lady Loreleiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The articles on my one account were seeing between 1500 and 2000 visits per day when they arrived and this past week have dropped to around 500 a day. That is a huge drop. I would say it might be fluke on one account but I have 3 accounts that have transferred over. The two that I have edited have dropped like flies in a hail storm. The other account which I am just beginning to edit is still doing fine. It appears to be the update that initiates the drop.

that's a big drop for sure - painful. I was up to 8000 but averaging 4000 a day and climbing - now since the drop started around the 15th, just under 1000 visits a day and very few from google - I expected an adjustment (to drop some, and have to regain some momentum, but honestly I did not expect this)

8. Board-Game-Brooke profile image86
    Board-Game-Brookeposted 9 years ago

Mine were doing much better traffic-wise until the past day or so, when suddenly my traffic plunged! I don't understand what happened. (It's been a week or two since I updated my top articles.)

Not sure what the problem is, but it's extremely discouraging.

1. Valerie P Davis profile image73
      Valerie P Davisposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep, my Google traffic had been way up for more than a week, but two days ago it suddenly plummeted. Very odd! Google Webmaster Tools doesn't list any manual spam actions for me.

I'm checking my backlinks through Google Webmaster Tools and updating to the HP address where I can. We'll see if that changes anything.

9. Paula Atwell profile image70
    Paula Atwellposted 9 years ago

In a related question, how often does the internal hub statistics update. Is it once a day or does it continually update?

My traffic went up dramatically, then afterwards went down dramatically. Waiting to see what comes next.

1. relache profile image71
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Neither.  It semi-regularly updates.  With stoppages when they happen.

That's why some of us use it for the very cursory tool it was meant to be and instead do our actual data mining from our Analytics accounts.  Because that's how HubPages admin wanted it to work, because they use Analytics in real-time too.

1. Board-Game-Brooke profile image86
        Board-Game-Brookeposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ah! I'm looking again at my stats on Hubpages and it says that it hasn't updated in 13 hours. So that may be part (or all) of the problem. Thanks so much for that explanation, Relache!

I'll learn how all these things work eventually. :-}

2. Paula Atwell profile image70
        Paula Atwellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, relache. That is helpful.

10. Board-Game-Brooke profile image86
    Board-Game-Brookeposted 9 years ago

Okay, I went straight to Google Analytics and according to their stats, my overall traffic took a nose-dive yesterday. So I think the issue is more than just the reporting lag at Hubpages. :-(

11. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

I understand how frustrating it can be to see traffic fall and to feel the pain of not really understanding why something was getting quite a bit of traffic and now it's not.  Over the last several years, we have studied this relentlessly and while we can't bring your traffic back or tell you exactly what each Hub needs, we can share a bit about what we have done and how we think about content strategy today.

It will take a while for things to settle down for all the content we transferred from Squidoo to HubPages.  My expectation is it will be a bit bumpy until we hit a steady state over the next several months. 

On HubPages, each user is given a subdomain and as the search engines process the 301s, it will take the various algorithms time to adjust and the rankings to settle in for the moved content. 

For people that are new to HubPages, while we are one big community, subdomains make us a bit unique in that individual authors are generally treated as standalone sites by search engines.  It's common for us to see some subdomains rise and others fall frequently.  However, our data indicates that higher quality content is standing the test of time.  We've done our best to show examples and educate people on how to think about content.

Many Hubbers have been through turbulent traffic times and several have adjusted and found ways to prosper. 

What we have found that helps stabilize and grow traffic is updating content to a few basic rules.

- Ensure content is one of a kind (unique - can't get it elsewhere), helpful in that the users query is resolved clearly and efficiently.
    - Copy edit Hubs - Twice:)
    - Links are useful to the reader and enhance the reading experience (remove any semi or less relevant link)
    - Affiliate links and content make a minimal part of the page's content and add value for the reader.

To all Squidoo transfers.  Take advantage of HubPro.  If it's  offered to you, having a professional editor accompanied by illustrators and now photographers will transform your work into an exceptionally professional piece that will satisfy readers!

1. Paula Atwell profile image70
      Paula Atwellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Paul,
      Thanks for this response. I have two questions:
      1.  What does this mean (above)?
      2. I am a professional writer, not just on Hubpages, so the HubPro program scares me a little as it comes to editing out style and purpose in my writing. How is that handled?

1. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
        Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Copy edit - fix grammar and spelling mistakes.

The analogy I use is if you write for the New York Times, you have an editor.  Edits really depend on what the Hub needs. 

We have found that there are several Hubs that need little in terms of editing the writing, but are greatly enhanced with original illustrations.

The feedback has been very positive and the results are excellent, so we are going to invest significantly more in HubPro.

2. lisavollrath profile image87
        lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'm also apprehensive. I've had my craft instructions edited by an arts and crafts publishing company, and I've seen what happens when someone who doesn't have my breadth of knowledge about that industry tries to edit my writing. As a former editor at the world's largest craft company, I'm not sure you have anyone more qualified than I am to edit my work!

1. Valerie P Davis profile image73

The people who have tried it say the edits are suggestions, not permanent changes. So you don't have to accept them.

2. Valerie P Davis profile image73

Thanks, that's helpful! I'm also getting a lot of traffic from social media. Those hubs are different from the ones that were getting a lot of Google traffic, but at least it's some kind of balance for the bad times.

12. CuAllaidh profile image80
    CuAllaidhposted 9 years ago

As a squidoo refugee myself I will also chime in that I am seeing slight increase in traffic and not a decrease. Sorry to hear some are experience severe drops.

13. makingamark profile image69
    makingamarkposted 9 years ago

I'm not seeing any drop in traffic - other than for the few days when the Google Ad Sense earnings dried up for some reason.

My figures are not unlike GG's re overall percentage increase.

Plus I've also done a calculation on earnings to date averaged to a daily rate and multiplied up to the equivalent of an average month and while not an improvement it's certainly no worse than some of the better Squidoo payments in recent months.  If we get a normal month for AdSense I'm hopeful that monthly payouts might even improve.

I'm entirely unconcerned right now and just trying to focus on my regime of trying to address and improve 2-3 hubs per day

14. Swisstoons profile image74
    Swisstoonsposted 9 years ago

My visitor numbers increased about 5-fold in the month following the transfer from Squidoo.  About two hours ago, my 1-day traffic plummeted to less than half of what I'd been experiencing since the transfer.  I understand this is due to a new Panda rollout.  Not all of us are getting hit at the same instant.  But we probably all will at some point  It just takes Google a while to crawl every Hubber's pages.

1. makingamark profile image69
      makingamarkposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Or it could just be Friday - one of the quietest days of the week.

No, the drop started Tuesday and has continued.

Swisstoons mentioned a new Panda update and I suspect that's the problem. :-(  I was able to do a few minutes of research last night and it sounds like the timing is right. I only have a couple of articles that are a bit thin, but maybe that was enough for my whole account to get hit? Or maybe Hubpages as a whole is being affected because of the Squidoo migration? I'm sure there were more than a few thin lenses that got brought over.

I've unpublished both of my thin content articles and I'll be reviewing the rest thoroughly with an eye to removing extra Amazon modules. Not sure what else there is to do at this point.

It seems to be affecting some people badly, some moderately and others hardly at all.

I'd tend to look at the type of hub being produced.

My work is quality. The one account used to garner between 20,000 and 30,000 visits per week before the Google slap. After the Google slap it was sitting between 7000 and 10,000 and now it shows at less than 400 visits here which adds up to less than 3000 visits per week. The content is still good. It is obviously other factors which have changed.

I have visited articles of other writers who have voiced concerns over their drop in traffic and can say they show excellent quality not worthy of this type of drop.

I wonder if Google has "switched off" Squidoo so the redirects aren't actually generating any traffic?

Is that possible?  That might then explain why it affects some more than others

I was also wondering if the redirects had somehow been affected or broken at some point along the pathway.

something's definitely not right in the state of Denmark because it's happening to most of us (all of us who were on subdomains at squidoo, not sure about those who weren't in terms of the drop?) - it's absolutely brutal, much worse than when I was switched to subdomains on squidoo a few years ago (I grew to love my subdomain too, it was doing very well)

2. Elle-Dee-Esse profile image71
                  Elle-Dee-Esseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps the redirects are all fine and working just dandy but anything with a Squidoo url is now worthless in the SERPs so if no-one is finding the url in the first place then the redirect is really just moot

2. Valerie P Davis profile image73

I'm getting referrals from Squidoo. The drop is in Google organic search. So was the sudden rise a couple of weeks ago.

What this looks like is what they used to call the "sandbox effect"--new domains getting a rush of traffic as Google collects data, then losing it abruptly as they're placed. I speculate that Google treats each subdomain like a new domain.

yep, for me purely organic - as well as the 12 new pages I built BEFORE the transfer, which ranked almost immediately for their music search terms and are now no longer ranking for those  same terms - they were not part of the transfer, but they are on my transfer-subdomain.

So, I have an old hub account I rarely used, and I'm going to build a new music page there to see if it ranks for what it's suppose to within a similar time frame that these previous 12 did. If it does, I'll be very reluctant to continue building on my transferred subdomain - ok, over time it may recover, and I can dabble at it, fix it of course, and I will, but in the meantime, if this works better for new pages, I'll use it.  Will post if it works out better on my old hub account (in terms of google ranking)

I was just going to delete my old account to combine it with my new accounts but perhaps this is a bit hasty then? I just have too many accounts here now it is getting kind of crazy trying to manage it all.

2. Writer Fox profile image31
                  Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HubPages is not a new domain.

Google's Matt Cutts:  "Subdomains are now treated just like folders (subdirectories)."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MswMYk05tk

A new subdomain on HP is no more significant than a new folder on any other website, and this has been true at least since late 2012.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
                    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this
                  2. Tolovaj profile image88
                    Tolovajposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't have this experience. Every new subdomain I ever created (and most were created after 2011) on any available service (mine sites or free blogging service or whatever) started with authority 0 and none gained authority without content, time and backlinks.

Great thing about HubPages is fact you can build authority much faster than at Wordpress or Blogspot (weeks against months), but on Squidoo, publishing in the right folders, I could make it in hours!

Mr. Cutts said a lot of things, but I only believe in traffic.

15. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

Because HubPages links them all together in a mass of spam.

So they are sort of subdomain and sort of not subdomain.

You shouldl write a hub about that.

16. makingamark profile image69

Marisa - looks like we've run out of reply space!

I'm with you. That's what I think - plus I know for a fact that some places recognise my blog as a site in its own right because it's got its own profile on Quantcast. Incorrect as it happens but then Quantcast has never been brilliant about counting outside the USA!!

On the other hand lots of blogs are not recognised in their own right by various sites - because they are too small, too young, not got enough quality content etc etc.

My personal theory is that recognition is a function of age, quality of content and traffic and associated indicators of same.

My guess is subdomains work in the same way. Fill them full of rubbish and Google goes off you. Keep them filled with good quality content and Google loves you.

It was interesting to note that some of the lensmasters on sub-domains commented on how traffic rose in the last days of Squidoo as people turfed old lenses which had lost the plot and/or not been updated and/or got rid of stuff which they didn't want to transfer for various reasons. Hence those who had their cull before they came to HubPages enjoyed better traffic towards the end at Squidoo.

There were those of us who also thought Squidoo as a whole enjoyed better traffic in the final weeks as the rubbish got turfed.

For lots of people there was too much work involved in backing up to do the cull before the transfer - hence that's what's happening now (as I referenced in another post).

It makes me wonder about the impact on traffic of those who have culled vs those who have still to cull.

The other thing that I'm wondering about is the lenses which came over late and what impact they've had on the site. I think you tended to bring the 180,000 featured lenses first and the rest over later. However I think I'm correct in saying HubPages is operating a differential reception to featured lenses as opposed to to those who were "the rest". Is that right?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

My understanding is that all accounts with even one Featured lens have been transferred.  However, only the Featured lenses have been published, the rest are unpublished and therefore have no impact on HubPages.

Thanks for the clarification Marisa. That's what I thought was the case.

Such a pity that those sniping at people coming from squidoo don't understand this......

17. Mark Ewbie profile image81
    Mark Ewbieposted 9 years ago

I reckon the longer the post the less the argument.

18. Lynne-Modranski profile image79
    Lynne-Modranskiposted 9 years ago

I'll have to let you all know in November . . . Because my pages are primarily Christian Devotions and Bible Studies, I always have a surge at the beginning of every Month (especially on the 1st and 2nd Monday - Wednesday, and the end of the month is scarce.  October is always TERRIBLE - everyone is searching for Halloween stuff - I'm guessing that has already started, so if you don't have Halloween geared pages (and I only have one with an unpopular opinion) our numbers will drop.  Compare your numbers to last year during the last week of September and see where you are.

1. Lynne-Modranski profile image79
      Lynne-Modranskiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

UPDATE - After hitting an all time high one day last week, this week I can't even get 100 hits on my highest performing page. 
      I haven't been this low on that page since I created it. 

I now that I'll be dropping in traffic because it's October, but I've never seen a drop like this.

Frustrating . . .

19. Dressage Husband profile image66
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I do not see a change due to editing on HP at all, but have seen a drop the last three days due to HP technical issues. Traffic is picking up again today at least for me.

20. Lady Lorelei profile image85
    Lady Loreleiposted 9 years ago

Hubpages is showing a -46% loss in traffic due the recent Panda update so that is pretty significant. There is definitely a traffic loss. http://blog.searchmetrics.com/us/2014/0 … oogle-u-s/

1. Dressage Husband profile image66
      Dressage Husbandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The link you gave had Hubpages as a loser but their figures actually showed visits increased nearly 400% so they are an unreliable source as one of the sites in the gainer section shows a similar decrease in their numbers. I would not believe this site!

I believe there was a typo in their Hubpage number in the "before" column.

Quantcast also shows a huge drop in traffic to Hubpages last week -- I'm looking at their reported numbers from 9/21 to 9/27 and based on those numbers and my calculations, the 46% drop in traffic is correct.

https://www.quantcast.com/hubpages.com?qcLocale=en_US

I think you are right, but Google Panda update rolled out on 23rd September and the drop was later than that. I think we may well see a recovery as the bigger factor is the server updates HP are doing right now and the technical issues the site is having.

My personal figures have recovered today after falling in just the last 3 days. As far as I can see from Google Analytics Panda 4.1 had zero affect on my Hubs! This may not be true for all Hubbers though.

Another positive note is that a majority of the people who have transferred in from Squidoo have been working diligently to bring their articles up to Hubpage standards. That has to help as well. That much effort cannot go unnoticed.

I agree with you Lady Lorelei the efforts being made to meet QAP must have a positive affect.

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

This Panda was an odd one as Google said it would roll out over about 10 days.

2. Lady Lorelei profile image85

Mine is dropping quite dramatically today as well. Hoping things perk up a bit a little further into the week.

1. profile image0
            Lorelei Cohenposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just thought I would update this thread to say "nope things have not improved despite working diligently to improve articles and to promote them."

The it's not me - it's you" attitude no longer seems to apply to this traffic situation. This crash seems to be hitting almost everyone on Hubpages whether they arrived here from Squidoo or were a part of the site previously. I just wish Google had not hit at the time of year when those who work online experience their highest income. This Panda update is going to hurt a lot of real people.

totally agree, it's extremely bad, I've never seen it like this not even when squidoo switched us to subdomains. Google's update hurt a lot of people, again.

21. Nell Rose profile image90
    Nell Roseposted 9 years ago

Well, I must say that I never thought my views would go down even further, but yes they have! this is the lowest since I started here five years ago, really fed up now, not sure how to sort it out.

22. Mix Mafra profile image59
    Mix Mafraposted 9 years ago

Still dropping... Truly hope that traffic will pick up again. I keep on going on traffic sources pages and sadly I am only getting few hits from google on a daily basis. sad

23. makingamark profile image69

I've been reviewing my HubPages traffic relative to the daily traffic for my Squidoo lenses towards the end of their time there.

I'm noticing two things:

1) a number of hubs which have been "sorted" are now pretty much on a par with the traffic they enjoyed at Squidoo. Some are better and some are worse but by and large much of a muchness for these lenses/hubs

2) Those sites which have not been sorted yet (eg big hub and complicated 'refurbishment' required which takes time) are not doing as well. However I think they'll be fine once sorted as they are still picking up reasonable traffic even if it's only c.60% of what it used to be

24. makingamark profile image69

...and another point.

It's pointless to review traffic on a day by day basis as there are significant fluctuations within each week.  For example I always ignore any dips at the end of the week as that's entirely NORMAL!

It's always best to look at 30 days traffic at least and compare that to the typical monthly traffic on Squidoo.

Three months traffic provides an even better picture.

Bottom line you are either in for the long haul or you're not. Getting traffic to take off for any site takes a long time. The same thing happens when it gets transferred to a new URL. The same thing happens in relation to building up a portfolio of sites around a significant niche topic which - apart from quality content - is probably the single biggest influence on your overall traffic. (ie if you have been deleting lenses/hubs you have also been deleting traffic if they are related to ones that remain).

Competition from other good sites on the same topic on HubPages may also account for traffic loss. Why not take a look at who's tackling your topic better than you are and upgrade your content?

Bottom line for me - I'm not doing any sort of serious review of traffic until the end of the year and after I've got all my old lenses/new hubs fixed.

25. Dressage Husband profile image66
    Dressage Husbandposted 9 years ago

I have been seeing a gradual increase in traffic on all of my Hubs. These all came in as lenses and I have converted all to meet QAP.  have found that changing the incoming links from Squidoo to HP has quite a marked affect. Therefore I am of the opinion that Squidoo is "persona non grata" at Google now!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)