jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (17 posts)

Adding Montana . . .

1. Gemini Fox profile image89
    Gemini Foxposted 2 years ago

Can we please add Montana to All Topics / Travel and Places / Visiting North America / United States / Montana?  Not sure why it's not there as there are Montana hubs . . . ?

Thank you!

1. Sed-me profile image83
      Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Are you related to Writer Fox?

Gemini Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Not that I know about - but know who Writer Fox is!

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
          LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11836350_f1024.jpg

You assume the fox is a he. Interesting.

1. LuisEGonzalez profile image81
              LuisEGonzalezposted 2 years ago in reply to this

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11836884.jpg

2. Rochelle Frank profile image88
            Rochelle Frankposted 2 years ago in reply to this

She is a beautiful fox.  I see her cousins around here occasionally.

I saw a normal dog the other day with a fox tail. It was so odd. I felt that I had stumbled on to a cross-breeding experiment, but I was afraid to ask the owner.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Gemini,

We actually already have a section for Montana Hubs under Travel and Places> Visiting North America> United States> Montana. Please feel free to start categorizing your Hubs there.

Montana does not have its own Topic Page yet because it does not yet have 20+ Featured Hubs that have been written in it. When 20+ Featured Hubs have been categorized there, a Topic Page will automatically be created for it.

Gemini Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Christy! Took me a moment to see what you're saying.  Hopefully at some point Montana will appear on the "Official" Related Topics list!

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

Sorry if my explanation was a little confusing! When a Topic doesn't have enough Hubs, you can still use the HubTool to place Hubs under that Topic if it makes the most sense. However, a Topic Page will only show up when you and other Hubbers have placed at least 20 Featured Hubs under it because Google likes Topic Pages to have a lot of content for readers. Hope that makes more sense. smile

2. calculus-geometry profile image87
    calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago

Weird, there are lots of states missing from the list of US travel destinations, not just Montana
    http://hubpages.com/topics/travel-and-p … tates/5726

3. lisavollrath profile image89
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

They probably exist, but aren't showing because their aren't enough hubs written about them. For example, Montana only has 9 hubs written about it.

Check the topic list: http://hubpages.com/topics/tree

This is a great thing to know if you actually live in one of the places that isn't covered much. You could dominate your topic. smile

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Cool, I never looked at that before.  How many hubs in a subtopic does it take for a link to appear on the topics page?

1. lisavollrath profile image89
        lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Well, I complained last week that Art Journaling wasn't showing up in the link list, and then I added another article. There are now 25 hubs in Art Journaling, and it's showing. So, maybe it's 25?

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

lisavollrath is correct about the Topic Pages only showing up after a specific number of Featured Hubs have been written in them. 20 or more Hubs are required. smile

1. lisavollrath profile image89
          lisavollrathposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for clarifying. I knew Art Journaling didn't just magically appear because I whined about it!

working