jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Hub title and Google search engine

1. Mary Efron profile image86
    Mary Efronposted 2 years ago

Would changing the title of a hub affect Google's search results?  I changed the title of one of my hubs and it immediately had a big dip in traffic.

1. Solaras profile image89
      Solarasposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it would Mary.

Mary Efronposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I thought so.  Too bad I didn't think of it BEFORE I changed the title!!  I changed it back but the traffic is continuing to drop.

Well dropping traffic is happening across the board.  Sit tight and wait one week.  Only change the title if you are unhappy with your views, and want to go after bigger fish.

2. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image99
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 2 years ago

I have gone from like 800 views a day to less than 200 sad It has little to do with the titles.

I feel your pain.  However, we are in the midst of a Panda update. We must wait and see what their reshuffling brings.

3. smallbizloandepot profile image60
    smallbizloandepotposted 2 years ago

i agree, it's amazing one of our sites went from page 1 to page 60 overnight and we followed the rules and from what our seo person indicated we did nothing wrong since the panda updates have an algorhythm no one knows exactly what is right or wrong but only have a general idea.  it's really not fair which is why you can't 100% depend on internet placement for your business.

Mary Efronposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I didn't know that, regarding a Panda update.  I know very little about this whole area of SEO, I originally started an account almost three years ago just to have some writing samples online somewhere.  However, for the past two or three weeks I've been reading furiously, trying to educate myself more seriously about writing content.  It seems like things change so fast, that what was true a year ago is now obsolete.

working