jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

The Unseen Hub

1. Alton Hayden profile image60
    Alton Haydenposted 2 years ago

My hub has been published for about a month now, I notice no cmments and no followers, I get the feeling as if no one is seeing my hub. why is that? Help!

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

You have only one Hub, and you haven't been active in the community (reading other people's Hubs, commenting, or posting in the forums).  So no one knows you exist!

You will not earn money from just one Hub.   You will need at least 20 Hubs just to qualify for Adsense.    Until you can get your Adsense account, you can't sign up for the HP Earnings Program - and frankly, without that, it's not worth writing here because the possibility of earning from other programs here is so limited.

1. Alton Hayden profile image60
        Alton Haydenposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the info Marisa! much appreciated.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Go to your accounts page where you can see if you have had traffic or not. Also check to see if the solid black circle with the H, found on the right, is there. 

You have one hub.  Followers are other hubbers. Your most important traffic is from the the search engines. 

Actually, not having followers, or commnents on a hub is not a big deal, unless you are on Facebook.

1. flpalermo profile image26
      flpalermoposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What do you mean: "unless you are on Facebook?"

3. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

flpalermo: It might be worthwhile to have a lot of "friends" on Facebook, but a long list of followers doesn't mean much on Hub Pages.  You do not earn from the number of followers that you have.  The number of followers you have does not help with Google  ratings for  where your hub is placed in the google search engine.

Comments don't earn anything, nor do they affect placement on search engines.
    Not everybody leaves comments. Not everybody follows you.

4. Alton Hayden profile image60

Thanks for your prompt response it is really encouraging, because i was starting to think that something was wrong with my hub.

How then can I earn money with my hub? does it faciliate PPC (Pay Per Click)? Is it just the sales of the products from Amazon & Ebay you can earn from or is there other ways?

5. The Examiner-1 profile image84
    The Examiner-1posted 2 years ago

I read and leave comments on many Hubs that have been around for awhile. I found them when I looked up those Hubbers, not because the Hubs were mentioned.

6. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 2 years ago

HI Alton Hayden,

I am no expert but I think the main reason your hub is not getting views is because of the title. Your title should be the question that you are trying to answer with your article, and it should be worded in the way that someone might type the question into a search engine. Although I like your current title, I don't think anyone is searching for typing "Face the giants of the Workplace" into Google.

I don't have time at the moment to actually read your hub, so I'm not sure what the gist of it is, but I believe it is about workplace violence. A better title might be something like "How to prevent workplace violence" or "How to spot the signs of a potentially violent employee" or something along those lines.

Creative titles are fun to come up with and work great in a print magazine or newspaper, but in online writing they can prevent readers from finding your work.

Cheers, and welcome to HubPages.

7. Alton Hayden profile image60

I really appreciate that response, It makes perfect sense. Now I understand and the next hub title will be different.

Thanks again for being so clear.