jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

Ad Program Shows NOT ACTIVE

1. VJGSA profile image82
    VJGSAposted 2 years ago

I configured the HubPages ad program for the first time two days ago. However, it still shows NOT ACTIVE. I have an affiliate code. But when I click on AD PROGRAM REPORTS, it shows NOT ACTIVE and tells me to ACCESS the Earnings Program Setting page, which is where I started in the first place. Why does it still show NOT ACTIVE?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Do you have an Adsense account?

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Did you click on Configure, add code?

1. VJGSA profile image82
      VJGSAposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am assuming that you are referring to an affiliate code - where would I input the code?

4. LindaSmith1 profile image60

you have been here for 2 days.  I doubt if you have an Adsense account yet, unless you have one already with a blog or website of yours.  If you don't have adsense, you cannot earn from HP Ad Program, Ebay program or Hub Pages Amazon program.

1. VJGSA profile image82
      VJGSAposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for the quick reply. So, it seems that HP Ads, Amazon and e-Bay cannot be activated unless I use Ad Sense? Am I understanding this correctly?

1. Writer Fox profile image79
        Writer Foxposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Without an AdSense account, you may use your own affiliate codes for Amazon and eBay if you have accounts with those sites.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Correction, you cannot use your own eBay affiliate ID except for text links.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Absolutely.  You can join Amazon Associates Program and place your ID in the Setting page for earnings.  You can use viglink, linkshare, commission junction and others, but No Clickbank as text links, but only 2 text links per same domain.

1. Shades-of-truth profile image86
      Shades-of-truthposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Linda, I think that is the first time it "sunk in", that we could use a few other affiliate accounts. I know I must have read that before, but was quite glad you posted that in your comment. Thank you!

6. Alton Hayden profile image60
    Alton Haydenposted 2 years ago

Linda,

Thanks again for providing me with such useful information. I will keep you inform as to my progress.

7. LindaSmith1 profile image60
  8. Alton Hayden profile image60
    Alton Haydenposted 2 years ago

Hi Linda, where exactly in hubpages can I put veglink?

working