jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Ever Since This New Page View Counter, My Views and Earnings Are Down

1. Rock_nj profile image89
    Rock_njposted 2 years ago

HubPages is switching over to a new data provider to count the number of Hub views.  I have seen a dramatic drop in views and earnings since this switch-over started a few days ago.  Is anyone else experiencing the same or is it just a coincidence that my Hubs have suddenly lost popularity?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The Google Panda rollout is effecting the site.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/125361

1. Rock_nj profile image89
        Rock_njposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What a bummer!  Seriously.  I've had my ups and downs with HubPages over the years.  More recently, I was happy to finally achieve a page views/earnings goal that I had long tried to achieve.  Now Google has demoted HubPages, throwing me back at least a year.  Hopefully, they will adjust and look more favorably on HubPages content.  I think Google may be going for displaying pages of those that are hooked into their advertising more highly than others.  I mean big companies that throw a lot of money at them via ads get a higher priority.  This is an anti-trust issue due to Google's market dominance.  They can make or break other companies.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image86
    tirelesstravelerposted 2 years ago

I have been having trouble with just getting stuff to work on HP this week.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image86

I have been having trouble just getting anything to work on HP this week.  Either my 6 month old computer is on the fritz or its HP.

4. tirelesstraveler profile image86

I have been having trouble just getting anything to work on HP this week.  Either my 6 month old computer is on the fritz or its HP.

5. tirelesstraveler profile image86

6. MizBejabbers profile image89
    MizBejabbersposted 2 years ago

So are mine, but I think they are having an overall problem. I just got one dozen (12, count 'em) email alerts about one new hub from someone, and your post about not getting anything to work on HP has stuttered. I wonder what the deal is, and how many times my reply will show up.

working