jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

One of Life's Most Embarassing Moments ...

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
    Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago

I lived literally across the street from my job. I didn't feel like going to work one day so I called in sick. I felt a little better later in the day so I ventured out to walk to the corner store. What luck, my supervisor was in her car coming back from lunch. All I could do was look her in the eyes and keep going. Talk about an embarrassing moment!

2. Sed-me profile image83
    Sed-meposted 2 years ago

I had always wanted to purchase these little Basmati rice dishes at work, but they were kind of expensive and they didn't give you much for the cost. I couldn't feed my family with them so I thought to myself they must be an item for single folks.

One day a customer purchased some and for some unholy reason I heard myself say, "Are you single?" The cashier and the customer just kind of stopped and looked at me. The customer smiled, and I was so embarrassed when I realized that it sounded like I was about to ask him out.

I started rambling like an idiot about my theory about the rice and single ppl. They just laughed, but I hoped to myself I'd never have to see that man again.

1. robertzimmerman2 profile image84
      robertzimmerman2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That sounds like the start of a romantic comedy movie to me!

1. Sed-me profile image83
        Sed-meposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Im 45. Unless Jessica Tandy can somehow play me in the movie, I don't think it's going to get made.

2. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
      Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

That was a Kodaik moment. OK, another embarrassing moment. Unless you happen to be a certain age, you wouldn't remember the camera or that commercial. :-)

3. Arachnea profile image83
    Arachneaposted 2 years ago

Surely she would understand your needing to get something from the store that couldn't have waited. I'm single and live alone so many times have to run my own errands even when under the weather. Was there any trouble after?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image89
      Jacqueline4390posted 2 years ago in reply to this

My supervisor never mentioned the incident to me but I was still so embarrassed. Can you imagine?

working