jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can I change the address of my Hub?

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
    Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years ago

I had a Squidoo hub called Cats and Halloween Quiz, so the address was something like ......cats-halloween-quiz..  When it transferred over to HubPages, the Quiz disappeared, so it is now a hub about cats and halloween with no quiz, so I would like to delete the word "Quiz".  Is this possible?

2. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

You can change your title, but the url will not change. Maybe the poll capsule will accomodate you.

3. stuff4kids profile image94
    stuff4kidsposted 2 years ago

Hi there.

URLs can't be changed, I'm afraid. You have three options:

1) You can change the Hub's visible title in the edit screen, so that will be the title that appears in search engines and at the top of your hub, but the URL in the address bar will still say quiz.

2) f you desperately want the URL to be different, is to copy and paste the content of your hub into a Word document, then delete the hub and then start a new hub, choosing your new title before simply rebuilding the old hub under the new URL. If it's a high traffic hub with lots of backlinks, then the second option will mean that those links will no longer work and the search engines will see it as new.

3) The most elegant option might be to simply edit in a new quiz using the quiz capsule in the edit page and leave the URL and title as is!

Hope that helps.   smile

1. Gloriousconfusion profile image86
      Gloriousconfusionposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, this is rather what I suspected.  I did think about inserting a new quiz to replace the one I lost in the transfer, but as I have over 90 hubs with violations, I haven't really got the time needed to think about this at present, as I only manage to fix about 3 a day.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

Thanks stuff4kids   Since I don't use a lot of the capsules, I forgot there is a quiz capsule.

working