Squids: How are those edits coming?

Jump to Last Post 1-44 of 44 discussions (63 posts)
  1. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

Fellow Squid refugees, as many of us come to the end of our first full month on HubPages, I'm wondering how those edits are coming. What's been your process for slogging through the old lenses, to turn them into shiny new hubs?

1. Adventuretravels profile image87
      Adventuretravelsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hard work! I have done about half of mine and I work on it every day!! I can't believe the amount of editing that needs to be done on every single lens. Getting the product lenses up to 700 words takes time because I had originally written them to be short and sweet! Many of my longer lenses are a pain because of splitting up the products and doing all the image credits blah blah!.
      I have been working through my niches and making sure the hubs are linked to each other. That's the only strategy I have applied. And I try to promote each hub as I publish it to my social networks.

I think I have improved my work. It's been quite sobering to read through them all so carefully. A good exercise, but very taxing I'd say - I'm knackered! Also, I'm not earning anything because Adsense turned me down -so wondering what it's all for!!

Let's hope it will be worth it (financially) in the end.

I have had no time to promote other Squid's hubs, but as soon as I get through this slog I'll concentrate on that.
      Thank god for the support from ex giants on Facebook - we do have a laugh!!

Good luck everyone - essentially I miss Squidoo but I 'm getting into Hubs more and more..

1. Lady Lorelei profile image84
        Lady Loreleiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Quite a few people are having issues getting the adsense to go through and I wish there was more help on getting those accounts through. Most are just suggesting to wait 30 days and get your hubs up to snuff and then apply again. Good luck.

2. chateaudumer profile image83
      chateaudumerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I almost done with my 28 lenses. I like the HP format than the Squidoo and so far I am getting more page views. Have a Great Day to All previous lensmasters and now hubbers!

3. carny profile image91
      carnyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've edited 35/132. Some might get deleted. I put editing on hold for now, because HubPages has been very slow for the last 2 days or so. Plus most photos weren't loading, and all of them need updating because HubPages uses different sizes than Squidoo.

2. kerbev profile image84
    kerbevposted 9 years ago

I have updated about 30.  Which unfortunately is only about 10%.  My biggest issues have been in that 2 link limit and replacing images I had put in with my own HTML.  Also having only one ebay item show up is problematic for lenses I had focused around those.

3. lisavollrath profile image88
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I did a bunch of deleting while the editing screen was still unlocked at Squidoo. I killed off some lenses I didn't think would convert to hubs. I moved two very low ranking lenses over manually. I went in and deleted the advertising modules from all but one lens.

So. I ended up with 37 lenses that made the trek to HubPages. Of those, I've edited or rewritten 16. I merged two into one. I have three that have been edited, but still need work. I still have 16 that haven't been touched yet.

I'm enjoying the process of expanding my content to fit the longer format here at HubPages. At first, I just couldn't figure out how I could turn a 300 word recipe into a 700+ word article, but I've worked through a few, and they're turning out well. I'm surprised, on some topics, just how much more I have to say.

So far, so good.

1. Dressage Husband profile image67
      Dressage Husbandposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I have completed a first pass to get them up to the minimum acceptable standard as I see it and the result is pleasantly surprising I have a 100%+ increase in traffic already and I have not really started any significant promotion! The last few days I saw a dip down, but yesterday there was a full recovery so I hope that it is not Panda but HP technical issues that led to the drop.

Glad to hear that others are doing quite well at bringing their lenses up to snuff. I only had 47 left so it was not too bad.

2. joanhall profile image86
      joanhallposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I forgot about that thing of the 700-word requirement.  Most of my stuff is nice and long, but I have one hub that is very short (187 words, I just checked).  It wasn't flagged at all.  Is it in danger?

1. Kylyssa profile image91
        Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I would suspect you need to add content to a 187 word hub.  If it's a poem, you could explain what it means to you or what inspired you to write it or you could add six or so more similar length poems to the hub.  If it isn't a poem, I've got nothing.

2. Lynne-Modranski profile image80
        Lynne-Modranskiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've read several places that as long as the content is rich, the 700 minimum isn't firm.  I have a few under 700 and haven't had any problems with them even after my edit.

3. Dressage Husband profile image67

It is only in danger if the score for that Hub is very low. If the writing is of a quality that will get good reviews on the Mechanical Turk and in QAP you will likely be OK. Personally I would look into ways that you can increase the word count without destroying the intent of the Hub (ex Lens).

The word count is a guide and recipes for example will never be close to 700 words unless they are ridiculously padded.

4. jennabee25 profile image68
    jennabee25posted 9 years ago

I'm fortunate that I didn't have too many lenses to edit.  I've got most of mine to a happy place where they are updated and looking ok.  It's been quite the process here, otherwise.  A good process, though.

5. Lady Lorelei profile image84
    Lady Loreleiposted 9 years ago

I have almost 400 to update so it has been a lot of work. I am done about 3/4 of mine on the first run through but have now realized a few additional items that I have to work on so will cover those completely in the second run through. I am also beginning to devote more time to updating old connecting links and to create links within hubs.

Tip for those updating:
    Check which topic your article is placed in (upper left). These are often incomplete or completely off the mark and need to be repaired.

1. Fiorenza profile image71
      Fiorenzaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Re the topic, Lady Lorelei, I thought it was a bit odd at first because they only show the top level when you just view the hub, you only see the 2 levels below in edit mode.  I was wondering why my folklore hubs were under 'Education and Science' but in edit mode, I can see that heading has 2 levels beneath it of anthropology and then folklore, so it is correct after all.

6. Fiorenza profile image71
    Fiorenzaposted 9 years ago

I didn't have a huge number but my time is very limited so I have redone only half so far.  There was a lot of redoing photos etc, and I took out a lot of products although, as most of these are informational articles, they didn't have a lot to begin with.  I completely rewrote a lenslet as a brand new hub because the product was no longer available and you can't change the url of course, so I replaced it with a longer article about that product niche.  And I wrote a new hub from scratch while I waited for my lenses to arrive, to familiarize myself with the tool. 

So I have one informational one left which needs a lot of work because it was done for a quest and the tone isn't right, and another one that is too short because it was meant to be an introduction to a series of others, which I didn't end up writing due to the problems on Squidoo.  The others are product ones mainly done for quests which I will either rewrite from scratch or move somewhere else.  I've already unpublished my remaining lenslet review as I have plans to put it elsewhere.

7. TheWritingnag profile image59
    TheWritingnagposted 9 years ago

slowly but surely. Trying to work on one a day, adding more content and deleting ones that don't stand a chance.

8. junecampbell profile image72
    junecampbellposted 9 years ago

I had 135 lenses to update. It is way more time consuming than I thought it would be. My strategy was to do the ones with the red skeleton heads first, then the Halloween ones. After that, I did the thanksgiving ones and now I'm working on Christmas/winter holiday.

As an aside, does anybody know what that option is that will turn the hub into a video? ( or something like that).

1. Lionrhod profile image80
      Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I second this question. I bet there's something in the Learning Center about it, but I've been so focused on getting my old content fixed and starting on some new stuff, that I haven't bothered looking it up yet, but I'm definitely curious if someone has a clue.

One thing I did was go into my pages and make a good number of my Amazon modules invisible. Then I realized that HP  was still complaining about my having too many Amazon modules. And I began to wonder if Google also sees them and is still penalizing my pages even though they're technically invisible to the reader. (I'd at first hoped I could leave them in and switch out products that didn't perform well.) So I went back and stripped them all out, and saved their ASIN numbers in case I want to switch products or use them elsewhere. What a PITA.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image92
        Millionaire Tipsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Video hubs are a special format that Google supposedly likes.  You can upload the video directly here instead of YouTube or somewhere else.  The video is at the very top of the page and is the main feature of the hub.  Unfortunately, my very short (2 minute) video keeps stuttering and I don't like that it automatically starts playing as soon as you open the hub.  So, aside from that one test run, I haven't done another video hub.

P.S. I appreciate the work all of you have been doing to convert your lenses to hubs.

1. Lionrhod profile image80
          Lionrhodposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ah. I've only barely gotten a camera or begun to use it in the past couple years.I think I'll stay clear of video hubs unless I find the energy to create a video. I would love to do a trailer for my books, but...There are plenty of other things to learn and other softwares to get before that.

TY for the explanation.

2. Nathanville profile image93
          Nathanvilleposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I’ve had a YouTube account, mainly for my holiday and how-to videos, which has now been monetised for Adsense for several years, so when I wrote about a subject or topic on Squidoo where I already have a video on YouTube it was convenient to add a video model in the article linking to my YouTube video.  And of course with HubPages also using Adsense it’s now two bites at the cherry e.g. As well as benefitting from Adsense on HubPages, with the increased traffic on my Hubs, which has more than doubled since the transfer from Squidoo, Adsense on my YouTube account is also benefitting; especially for my how-to videos.

9. Beaddoodler profile image67
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

I haven't had to do much editing.  A lot of deleting, but the best part is Hub Pages is very detailed in what is wrong with the page so at least I know where to edit.  Of course I'd deleted some references to other Squid lenses.  My main problem has been with my pictures not showing up on my page and my Amazon module not working.

10. Erin Mellor profile image65
    Erin Mellorposted 9 years ago

My skull cull was pretty easy - I just deleted the Amazon links, they were lenses that had the thumbnail products so five of the item in different colors. 

Then I started on the Halloween and higher traffic ones.  I killed a few "lenslets" and merged a couple into longer form articles.  There's still plenty to do to get them up to full health, but they've been through triage and the most poorly ones have either died or been stabilized for now.

I think it'll take a couple of complete work throughs to get them Hub friendly as I'm learning as I go along.

11. Kylyssa profile image91
    Kylyssaposted 9 years ago

It's slow going.  My lupus decided to get all active and such again about two weeks ago and I haven't been able to consistently keep my fever down enough to maintain concentration for long periods of time.  I've only edited a handful because I've had to use most of my good moments to perform tasks with much higher priorities.  I tried to edit one when my fever wouldn't go below 103 and it was way, way, way harder than it should have been and I had to go back and fix it later anyway.     

I mostly just need to find new photos for everything, get rid of transfer artifacts, get rid of some links to sources, and remove any Squidoo references.  Very, very few of my lenses were ad copy and very few of them were short so at least they'll look reasonable until I can get to them.   

I've decided to just wait until I can get my fevers back under control enough to stay reliably lucid for long periods.  If that doesn't happen inside the grace period, I'll have far, far bigger problems to worry about than a bunch of lenshubs with mangled photo credits.   

I have published a new hub which was actually a tutorial I wrote for the So Crafty magazine when I didn't realize I was giving it to them for free.  But it was just a simple process of cutting and pasting and uploading images.

12. Nanciajohnson profile image70
    Nanciajohnsonposted 9 years ago

After getting the "hang of" the format and differences of HP, I am 3/4 done with my editing as well.  I was glad I had deleted lenses prior to the move and have deleted a few more since being here at HP.  I know that I want to go back and do a bit more work on a few of my better pages.  I have used this month to learn from all of you former "squids" and the experienced HP writers.  I am on medical leave from work which worked out well for me to find the extra time to edit.  I am hoping the technical issues on HP from this past weekend get fixed soon since this is my last week home to get extra editing done.  I am taking my time to learn with my current pages prior to beginning any new hub pages.  Overall, I am pleased with how quickly I was able to figure out the new format here on HP.  Next up on my list after editing is figuring out how to get an Google Adsense account since I also was denied.

13. joanhall profile image86
    joanhallposted 9 years ago

I only have about 100 published hubs, but the time I have to devote to hubbing is limited.

I've still got some hubs that are quite ugly, but I got rid of the last red skull yesterday!  I had about 10 red skulls to start with, but this last one was a real challenge to fix.  It's a Halloween hub with links to instructions on how you can make each costume yourself, I had several links out to eHow, so I had to find alternate sources for instructions to stay below the 2-link limit (ironic that the links to buy the costumes ready-made were no problem, but the links to free instructions were caused violations).

So the next step now is to go through the hubs that I haven't edited yet and get them looking right.

One great thing is that I was able to bring back a couple of lenses that had been locked by the stupid SQ filters and resurrect them as "new" hubs.  And I've made one completely new hub.

14. Ann Hinds profile image68
    Ann Hindsposted 9 years ago

Out of the 142, I have 28 remaining but I am not going to touch them until the dust settles at HubPages. The rest have made the first pass but I need to go back and rework some of them. I know they can be better. It's not that hard, just time consuming. I deleted 59 before the transfer and those will eventually make it to my blogs.

15. Ann Hinds profile image68

Out of the 142, I have 28 remaining but I am not going to touch them until the dust settles at HubPages. The rest have made the first pass but I need to go back and rework some of them. I know they can be better. It's not that hard, just time consuming. I deleted 59 before the transfer and those will eventually make it to my blogs.

16. Ann Hinds profile image68

17. sockii profile image70
    sockiiposted 9 years ago

I've gotten through about half of my 220 transferred lenses. *sigh*. Some I deleted right away, some I've thrown into unpublish status (mostly my quiz lenses) until I decide if they are at all worth bothering with or not.

To be honest, I was working really hard on the updates for the first week or so, but since traffic has plummeted I am finding it hard to feel motivated to put all of that effort into what feels like nothing. It seems like my time is better served focusing on my own blogs and websites right now instead of spending a half-hour to an hour on each lens that needs massive fixes (putting back in missing images, plexo text lists, quizzes, etc) that are only going to get maybe a handful of page views a week, if that.

I'm still trying to do a couple a day, but I'm not prioritizing it like I was at first.

18. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

I think I only have a handful of former lenses worth saving. I deleted another yesterday. They need to be reworked, and I want to move them off of here, to avoid any issues with thin content. All of the articles I now publish on my main account are over 1,250 words.

19. Lynne-Modranski profile image80
    Lynne-Modranskiposted 9 years ago

I only have six left to edit (I didn't realize I was that close until I just went to check).  and although I didn't have many HubPages Issues (red skulls), some of my photos didn't import nicely and the duel modules just had to be deleted.  My top page is already hitting the front page of Google search with the new URL.

Adsense - I reapplied once a week until I had enough updated that I got approved.  Just got that recently.

20. BritFlorida profile image72
    BritFloridaposted 9 years ago

I had 592 transferred and deleted about half a dozen because they were Squidoo-specific tutorials.

They've all been edited now (except one, which needs some time-consuming graphics) which was relatively easy. It was mainly adding summaries, classifying into groups and replacing videos that had been lost en route.

I have about a dozen that are under 700 words but I've edited them to make them look better. They're mostly recipes and I don't see the point in adding more words about why potatoes are nutritious or whatever just for the sake of it.  I'll probably get around to them eventually - I'll see what happens.

I had ads disabled on one because of the violence thing (it is about historical crimes) and one unpublished for promoting drugs (it is about the history of hookahs) but emailed the team and got them a reprieve.

All in all, it's gone well. Most of the work was making them look good - things had become a little mangled in transit.

21. shellys-space profile image61
    shellys-spaceposted 9 years ago

I am over 50% done and every hub will need an update. The last 2 days are going slow with the technical issues going on right now. I need to stop until the problems are resolved, other wise, I spending far more time then need be.

22. Beaddoodler profile image67
    Beaddoodlerposted 9 years ago

Lionrhod, I don't think it matters if the Amazon modules are hidden or not, HP still counts them.  We're only allowed one Amazon and one Ebay. Even if a module is hidden it still shows up when you click on "view source" and Google can see that.

23. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Allowed 1 Product Capsule per 50 words. 

2 TEXT links per same domain which includes Amazon.

24. BritFlorida profile image72

I have articles which have loads of Amazon modules and they are fine according to the top right hand corner thingy.

Whether or not they eventually get clobbered remains to be seen...

1. Dressage Husband profile image67

I have many like that and I just added text between the modules and they passed. Since I have edited all of my lenses they have all been through QAP and so far nothing has been said and it is about 4 days since I finished. I will let you know if anyone says anything after a manual review.

25. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Brit: It is 1 capsule per 50 words.  The thingy you are talking about doesn't tell you too many capsules.  It may bring up a message when there is one Amazon capsule after another listed without a text capsule to go with each one.

26. BritFlorida profile image72

Thanks,Linda. I'll just have to see how things develop smile

I'm not getting anything like the same number of Amazon sales on HP though as I did on Squidoo.

27. ologsinquito profile image83
    ologsinquitoposted 9 years ago

Brit, if I'm not mistaken, you earn something from 100 percent on the Amazon sales at Squidoo, but your commission is lower. Here you can receive a larger commission, on 60 percent of the sales. You will have fewer sales, but potentially earn more.

1. ologsinquito profile image83
      ologsinquitoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Brit, what I meant to say is that  your commission is lower because you were splitting it 50/50 with Squidoo.

28. BritFlorida profile image72

Thanks, ologsinquito smile

29. Arachnea profile image66
    Arachneaposted 9 years ago

I'm getting about 2 up every 1.5 weeks. I go through purge the minutiae, and then build. I try to add something more to make it more robust. You know, sprinkle a bit spice here, an herb or two there, that sort of thing. But, I've posted some original hubs also.

30. Shades-of-truth profile image83
    Shades-of-truthposted 9 years ago

I had less than 30 Lenses left, after I yanked some, so I was able to edit them rapidly. Hopefully, I have done it correctly; I check for violations frequently.

My heart sincerely goes out to those of you who had hundreds of Lenses. If I wasn't occupied full-time already, I would love to help.

It would be nice if the grace period was extended, commensurate with the number of Lenses people have to turn into Hubs. Would that not be appropriate?

31. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Brit: I earn a higher percentage for Amazon sales with the HP Amazon Program than I did on Squidoo, and under my Amazon Associates ID.

My lowest was a 4.01 percent and highest 8.5.  All but the one, has been 8 percent to 8.5 percent commission of cost of item.

32. plogan721 profile image79
    plogan721posted 9 years ago

I am trying to figure out how to merge the two.  I was once a squid and a hubber, so now I have two account here.  Humm.

1. lisavollrath profile image88
      lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It's not possible to merge your two accounts. The transferred Squidoo content is being kept separate.

1. plogan721 profile image79
        plogan721posted 9 years agoin reply to this

That's what I thought, but I was curious if they could.  TY

33. naturegirl7s profile image87
    naturegirl7sposted 9 years ago

I have way too many left. Most are because I used Zazzle photos with links. I've been replacing those and only linking to 2 per hub... getting into a rhythm now so it's going faster.

34. profile image0
    Snakesmumposted 9 years ago

So far, I've updated 19 / 76 lenses to hubs, plus written 5 new hubs.
    I'm trying to do 1 per day, but don't always make it.   The longer ones take a while to update, and the last couple of days I haven't done much due to the site's slowness.   

Getting the images right is the most time-consuming part, and I'm also finding more to say on some articles.  I think HP is making me write better content!  :-) 

I do like the way we get told what is wrong with a hub.   To date I've only had 3 skulls, so hopefully that's all I'll get.   There were also a couple of broken links, which were easily fixed.   

Better get back to editing the next lens into a hub........

35. Nathanville profile image93
    Nathanvilleposted 9 years ago

I only started editing my hubs just before the weekend, the first couple were slow going while I familiarised myself with the new system.  However, having I got the hang of it, as most of my hubs meet most of the criteria for articles on HubPages excepting for too many Amazon modules on some Hubs, I’m finding editing easy and quick e.g. being a prolific writer and keen on photography most of my Hubs are between 1000 and 3000 words with dozens of my own photos. 

Although out of 160 Hubs I only managed to get the first 20 edited before the issue with missing images on HubPages; so currently I am waiting for the servers to settle down and the missing image problems to be resolved, following the HubPages weekend server transfers which seems to have caused the current problem, before I resume editing the rest of my Hubs.

As regards earnings, they have mushroomed for me since the transfer, going up threefold.

36. Magicality LM profile image78
    Magicality LMposted 9 years ago

It's a big pain. I also miss certain freedom we had @ Squidoo.
    What I did notice was some increase in traffic, even to the unedited hubs...

1. Kylyssa profile image91
      Kylyssaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I find HubPages to be much more free-feeling than Squidoo.  The rules are public and clearly written.  They also make sense.

37. kindoak profile image64
    kindoakposted 9 years ago

I've done about half with about 30 skulls yet to go.

Only problem is Hubpages editing currently seems just as buggy as Squidoo was. Still, the rules here are more precise and easy to adapt to.

38. Lee Hansen profile image79
    Lee Hansenposted 9 years ago

I've tackled high-traffic articles with issues first, especially seasonal topics. I'm finding the problems with missing images, hanging system and slow response in the editor extremely frustrating. I could get much more accomplished if the site didn't hang or die so frequently. Hoping for improvement, or I'll try working in the wee hours.

39. Holly22 profile image80
    Holly22posted 9 years ago

Well I was doing great until hubpages had a meltdown over some database migration and google having a fit of penguins and pandas. I had updated about 50% of my lenses but as soon as the shinanigens started I stopped. I plan to start again as soon as my total views changes from 1169, where it has been stuck at for a week.

Having said all that, I love hubpages or at least the potential that it will be when things are back to normal. The analytics of activity, the advice how to build a lens and most of all the GUI nature of the capsules leaves me brimming with enthuiasm. I just don't want to do any more work till the system is stable.

btw I got rid of all my skulls so I don't think any of my lenses are under any immediate threat. Meanwhile back to Hunger Games :  Mockingjay on my ereader. Book review anyone.

40. Valerie Bloom profile image87
    Valerie Bloomposted 9 years ago

I've finally just gotten through all of my transferred lenses and updated them! Most of them took maybe 15 minutes to update -- mostly taking care of putting in photo credits where they belong and removing photo credits from text boxes, and also removing/updating Amazon modules. One article took close to 2 hours to fully update, but that was the rare exception. It took a month for me to get through my 63 or so articles. Only one had to be unpublished because of style/format issues not translating correctly to its hub version. I am exhausted!

41. Lionrhod profile image80
    Lionrhodposted 9 years ago

How about some applause to the folks who are done - YAY!

And some more applause to the folks still working on it. I admire everyone's perseverance and work ethic. We all know this is challenging.

42. Paula Atwell profile image70
    Paula Atwellposted 9 years ago

This is a good topic. I am taking my time and having to replace almost all of my pictures due to size. I had a lot of html images and have been using my copies to guide me. My total transfer was 250, and I am finding more issues as I go. Some came through with weird characters added and I don't always see them immediately.

A lot of mine were quite old, and needed major updating to fit here. I started with Halloween, then high traffic then the rest although sometimes I get tired of a category and have to take a break. Nowhere near done.

43. AlishaV profile image89
    AlishaVposted 9 years ago

I've gotten about 35 done, so a 1/3. I'm really starting to curse how much I've written though, lol. Most of mine are so long I can only get two done a day. And the quizzes didn't come through so I'm having to completely rebuild them. I'm hoping to get better Internet service soon though, so it'll be a bit less of a frustrating process.

44. kristalulabelle profile image70
    kristalulabelleposted 9 years ago

I've gone through and deleted a handful of my old lenses that just don't fit anymore, which I was surprisingly fine with.  I've been editing a couple hubs per day.  I lost my ambition with Squidoo around January, but I'm actually getting the itch to write again!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)