jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Improvements to ebay capsule

1. kerbev profile image76
    kerbevposted 2 years ago

I think certain improvements to the ebay capsule would improve sales.  I'm actually quite certain of it.

I think we need to allow BUY IT NOW items to be shown. 

For example, I have a hub that sells item on ebay that run about $700-$1000.  I saw a few sales of these items when the hub was a squidoo lens.  These items are only available in ebay stores as they are handmade by only a few sellers.  Since I am not able to include them on the hub, I can't sell any. 

Plus, as I already mentioned, I'd like to be able to include multiple items on one capsule.

1. Anna Marie Bowman profile image94
      Anna Marie Bowmanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

We used to be able to include up to six items per eBay capsule and eight per Amazon, but they reduced it to one each.

2. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 2 years ago

I thought the new ebay thing sounded good/better, now I realise its limitations.  If there is no Top Seller selling the thing you're trying to display then you're stuffed as it shows nothing.... even though there might be 1000 of them for sale across ebay.

3. koerakoonlane profile image86
    koerakoonlaneposted 2 years ago

Buy it now items are allowed..
    But I do agree that the capsule should be improved. Some good items don't show.

Maybe we could get rid of the ebay and amazon logos? That would go a long way to reduce the perceived commerciality (is that a word?) of our hubs.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 years ago in reply to this

The eBay and Amazon terms of service require you to disclose the items are from them, either by using their logo or by having their name in the capsule.

1. koerakoonlane profile image86
        koerakoonlaneposted 2 years ago in reply to this

It still means we could go for the name instead of logo, perhaps. I think the less the better and hubpages generally tend to be slightly heavy on the advertisment. I can tell you that there are some webpages I won't spend my time on if I see more than three ads in a blink of an eye..