jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Does anyone remember this?

1. 0
    terrygposted 7 years ago

A classic, and its safe for all ages, enjoy-

2. 0
    C. C. Riterposted 7 years ago

I would think that most baby boomers will remember that old vaudeville routine. I know I do. Classic is the understatement. very funny too

3. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

Maybe some Boomers remember it from Saturday TV movies & variety shows; the first born in 1946 not alive for 1945 film version, earlier stage/radio, but they can hear the tapes and see the films. I wish we had such good radio now - Comedy, Mystery and whatnot. Political talk shows are getting old.

I suddenly remember in the later 60s when Flippo the Clown played the movie clip on his cartoon and film show! That was fun.

Was the routine really copyrighted and placed into the Baseball Hall of Fame? Anyone know?

4. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 7 years ago

My cousins for some reason were discussing this 'skit' shortly after we came to Canada in '69. Not speaking English at the time it unfortunately went over my head and it did nothing when translated. Then in '83 my then 9 year old son and his buddy recreated the 'skit' for a school play (they were so funny that the audience couldn't stop laughing) In 2003 we all went up north for a 'Old friends reunion' and sure enough the two now adults had to re-enact it all again. In twenty years neither had forgotten even one little word. I wish I would have had the brain power to video it.

That routine is probably one of the best written funny pieces in history. I just love it.

Thanks Terry for bringing it up again.
    regards Zsuzsy

5. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

God, that was awfully funny. And innocent.

My room mate is 65 years old, he's gotten me into the Marx brothers and Lurel and Hardy. As a kid, from when I was about 11-13 I used to watch the three stooges almost nightly.

You know, when people ask if you could go anywhere in the world, what would it be?

I'd totally want to traverse time and see some world's fairs, early cinema (with a piaonist in the theater doing the score by the cuff!), burlesque shows, etc. Its rad stuff!

It may be odd that a 24 year old such as I watch all these old things (I'm a silent film fan, too!) but people the world over are rediscovering old things and putting a modern spin on them.

Check out this music vid by a band from Seattle called Abney Park. Its like watching a victorian era burlesque show with "steampunk" aesthetics!

Airship Pirates

Thank you for sharing this with me, I'm going to do some sniffing around on torrent sites and Archive.org to see if I can't pull some of this stuff down.

6. Patty Inglish, MS profile image91
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 7 years ago

That sounds like great fun and perhaps you will do a Hub on it!

1. Abhishek87 profile image77
      Abhishek87posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Wow !! That was awesome stuff ......... I have seen them for the first time and they rock...... totally !! big_smile

2. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
      GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm working on it. I've fired off some e-mails to various bands around the internet..just waiting for their responses to my questions.

7. brad4l profile image83
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

That was funny, I had never seen the original, but knew the reference from more modern TV shows. It is cool to finally see the classic version. Hilarious.