jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is this spam or just over-enthusiastic

1. VladimirCat profile image83
    VladimirCatposted 2 years ago

I have 3 accounts and the same fanmail in each one

The message is from an established Hubber who urges me to " Please stop by when you have an extra moment and check out some of my hubs"

Is it worth reporting? or should I just ignore it

2. Lionrhod profile image92
    Lionrhodposted 2 years ago

I wouldn't bother reporting it, though yes it sounds like spam.

I personally don't comment on a page unless I actually have something to say, even if it's only basic appreciation for a cool idea.

Just hit the deny button and move on.

3. AliciaC profile image97
    AliciaCposted 2 years ago

I would deny the fan mail, but I wouldn't report it. Sending fan mail is supposed to be a way of telling a hubber that you like their hubs. If someone leaves me some fan mail in which they ask me to read their hubs, it suggests to me that they're more interested in self promotion than appreciation, especially if they send the same message to other people. There's nothing wrong with self promotion, but I think it should be done in a different way.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 2 years ago

There are not rules about this for Fan Mail, so this person has found a way to game the system  Deny the fan mail.  If it continues, report them.

5. RoadMonkey profile image82
    RoadMonkeyposted 2 years ago

I have seen this too but didn't think anything of it. I just accepted it as another follower, especially one with lots of hubs is a bigger audience for me.

6. VladimirCat profile image83
    VladimirCatposted 2 years ago

Just spoke to a few friends who moved here same time as I did. Same time that you did RoadMonkey. Same mail.

I wasn't sure if this sort of behaviour was par for the course on HP

7. AlishaV profile image91
    AlishaVposted 2 years ago

I got one as well. I just ignored it and figured even established Hubbers can be spammers.