jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Finding a good hub I reviewed on hub-hopper

1. PhDancer profile image87
    PhDancerposted 2 years ago

Hi everyone,
    I'm pretty new to Hubpages but have been getting the hang of it alright.
    I did a bit of 'hub-hopping' and rated some hubs, and in the process I read a piece of creative writing which I really liked. It was a third chapter of a story, so even if the one I reviewed isn't featured, I assume the hubber has previous chapters on their page. I want to find their profile and read the earlier chapters, but searching the title in the search box doesn't find the story, and there isn't really a category for chapters from a longer story in the categories section, so I'm all out of ideas for how to find this hubber and their other hubs. I've also discovered that if I search my own titles of hubs, even within Hubpages, let alone on Google, my hubs don't come up. Does anyone have tips for making my hubs more searchable so people can find the things I'm writing?
    Thanks!

1. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What's the title of the hub?

1. relache profile image87
        relacheposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I think the point of this person's post is that they can't recall that part.

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 2 years ago in reply to this

She said she searched the title so I assume she remembers it.

2. inventiveone profile image61
    inventiveoneposted 2 years ago

I wrote a hub, searched for it, and found it on "hub donkey" only.  That seems to be a site that scrapes how to pages.

3. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

Here's a thought...

As a newly published Hub just going through the hopper, it probably isn't Featured yet.  Hubs that are not Featured are not included in internal search results, and many authors have their profiles set to not show Unfeatured pages.

So that's how you could read a Hub that was new but not find it later.  Once through QAP, it should show up.

4. PhDancer profile image87
    PhDancerposted 2 years ago

This was a chapter of something called 'Zade'. It said chapter 3, so even though  that chapter wouldn't be featured yet, I thought searching 'Zade' should find chapters 1 & 2? Unless I am mistaken and Zade was only the title of that one chapter not the whole story. Then it would make sense that I can't find the other ones as I wouldn't know what they are called. Also, all my hubs are featured,  but I can't find them by searching their titles. Perhaps I chose bad titles?

5. tellers profile image60
    tellersposted 2 years ago

Looks like the Zade hubber's name is lafleurdeplume.

(I did a Google site search on hubpages.com with keyword 'Zade', and it turned up Chapter 3 as the first result although it said 'unpublished' when I clicked through - so maybe Google just takes a little while?)

working