jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Am I getting into a rut?

1. robertzimmerman2 profile image83
    robertzimmerman2posted 2 years ago

In writing my latest hub I tried the suggested layout for books, etc but as I worked through it I deleted most of the capsules and did it my own way anyhow. Will I end up with most hubs looking alike? Is it just "my style?"

Either way, tell me what you think of this one.

http://robertzimmerman2.hubpages.com/hu … First-Book

1. favored profile image60
      favoredposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Robert I read through it and I liked your layout. The title/topic is also a good discussion started I think. The only thing is I couldn't take your poll because none of those were among my childhood reading, so you may want to include "other". 

I was wondering about the video and why they are reading from right to left.  I wasn't sure if that's the way they read like in Hebrew, but her shirt was backwards as well.  Hum?  Is it possible for a video to be loaded backwards? I have no idea.  The little girl is very smart though.

1. robertzimmerman2 profile image83
        robertzimmerman2posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Good point, I'll edit the poll.

2. Nancy Hardin profile image60
      Nancy Hardinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Robert, I read it and actually liked the layout. It's not one I use, but hey, I'm a newbie to HP. I loved the Hub, and your story was just right for me. My first love was a library, and I even wrote a story about that too. Books have been my passion since I was too young to read, when my Daddy read to me. But I soon learned, and have never stopped reading since. Thanks for sharing a lovely story.

2. Kylyssa profile image93
    Kylyssaposted 2 years ago

Call me old-fashioned but if it's got words and pictures, that's all it needs.  Everything beyond words and pictures is just added value.

3. robertzimmerman2 profile image83
    robertzimmerman2posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback!

4. CatherineGiordano profile image94
    CatherineGiordanoposted 2 years ago

I don't see why your hubs shouldn't all look alike with respect to layout..  It becomes your signature style. I've noticed that I have developed a style. I'm comfortable with it and I like the way it looks so why not. Now that I am up to 38 hubs I find the pre-fabs just get in my way.