jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Hopper Questions

1. changefortomorrow profile image84
    changefortomorrowposted 2 years ago

I am new to hubpages as in I only have five hubs.  However, I recently started hub hopping, and I have a few questions.  What sort of hubs do you flag versus give a really bad score to?  One of the hubs I hopped, it looked like the writer had tried very hard.  It had great photos, a video, plenty of content, but the English was atrocious.  On another hub, the English was great, but there was hardly any content and no photos.  It literally was a paragraph with nothing else.  It is my understanding that neither of these hubs are really what Hubpages would like to see, so what do you do with them?  Also, what is the purpose of hub hopping?  Does it determine the hub score or is it used to determine whether a hub is featured or not?

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 2 years ago

The FAQ can tell you about the Hub Hopper.

1. changefortomorrow profile image84
      changefortomorrowposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, that answers my last two questions.  However, I am still not sure what to do with the really bad or poorly written hubs.  When should a hub be flagged versus given a bad score?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
        Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi cft,

For Hubs that are low-quality, it's best to penalize the score where the Hub has an issue. In your example of a beautiful Hub with very poor English, you would want to give that Hub a very low mechanics score, but probably a decent score for the appearance.

Flagging Hubs should be done when you find a Hub that violates the rules, and Flagging for "Low Quality" is a good idea when a Hub is nonsensical, incoherent, or reads like it has been written in another language and then run through a translator.