jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

"A Hub with an earlier publication date already used this title."

1. joanhall profile image90
    joanhallposted 2 years ago

So I'm in the process of prettifying my (lens)hubs, and when I went in to edit one of them, I saw the message: "A Hub with an earlier publication date already used this title." at the top.

I found the other hub that has the same title, and it's quite thin (in fact, it's not featured).

Will there be adverse consequences for my hub if I keep the current title?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Hi Joan,

If your title directly reflects the content of your Hub and represents the terms people are likely searching for, there shouldn't be any downside to keeping it. If your Hub is better, it will likely rank higher than the other one in search engines, so you should have nothing to worry about. smile

1. Nancy Hardin profile image60
        Nancy Hardinposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Christy, thank you for your reply to this question. I've had it happen several times, and I just changed my title, even though I knew the URL didn't change. From now on, I think I'll just leave it be. Thanks again!

2. Cheeky Kid profile image89
    Cheeky Kidposted 2 years ago

Well, if the one that has the same title is not doing good/well, then chances are -- yours might/will perform better than that. I think it's okay to have the same or similar titles. Content/body is what matters after all. big_smile

3. Ann Hinds profile image86
    Ann Hindsposted 2 years ago

I've run into this. I asked about it and was told it was up to me if I wanted to change it. Since the title matched my URL, I left it as it was. You're OK and you can make the decision to keep it or change it.

4. Uzochukwu Mike profile image61
    Uzochukwu Mikeposted 2 years ago

the decision is yours

5. 0
    GEMNITYA5posted 2 years ago

joanhall, I think you have raised a good issue here. I feel same when look for titles or a heading for my articles. And, sure on hubpages rules are like that duplicacy is not accepted. Yes, try a title with more words included in it. Or, may be a synonym would work wonders. I try this formula a lot.