How to fix those missing photos and graphics

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)
  1. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 9 years ago

Yes, a lot of us have had photos come up missing in our hubs. Other people can see the pictures on their hub page, yet the thumbnail next to the hub title (on the profile) or their profile picture is missing. And, yes, many of them are coming back slowly but surely. If you're like me, you can't stand having something wrong with your hub and don't want to wait for the system to fix itself. However, some people have tried to repost the photo (either from their hard drive or from previously uploaded images) and get a message similar to "That photo is already posted in this capsule". At least that's what happened to me. Hopefully, I can help you out by telling you how I fixed the problem manually.

1. Make sure you have that photo or graphic in one of your photo files on your computer. If not and it appears on the actual hub, save the image to your hard drive. If neither of these are true, you may have to browse for a new image or scan it back into your computer.

2. Navigate to your uploaded photos under your account and delete the picture that's missing from you hub, beside the title, or your profile picture.

3. Go to your hub, delete the photo capsule that's either missing the graphic or for which the thumbnail image isn't appearing.

4. Add new photo capsules as you would while first creating the hub and upload the new image.

5. When you save the edits on those capsules and click "done editing", the pictures will now appear on your hub, in the thumbnail next to the title, or your profile picture.

It seems like a pain and a lot of work, but you'll have those great graphics back in place in very little time. Unfortunately, if you have more than a couple of hubs with missing graphics, you may be only to edit a few a day. It's still quicker and more certain than waiting for them to reappear through the magic of HP.

2. Venkatachari M profile image84
    Venkatachari Mposted 9 years ago

I agree to your advice. But, can't we wait for some days with patience? Why hurry or lose patience? I am not seeing so much of missing stuff here. Profile picture does not affect your viewership also. And I have not come across any missing photo capsules. I do not see it to be a big problem at all. I hope we are unnecessarily being agitated and excited at petty glitches.
    I think we should allow them to fix and settle all issues on their own instead of confusing them even more with our postings.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 9 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion and speaking for myself, it isn't an issue of a lack of patience. I operated my own website for many years and know for a fact that missing images and other things can often affect your rankings in the search engines. A lower ranking means fewer people will browse through enough pages to find your hub. Less traffic equates to lower scores and, for those people with AdSense and the other programs, it also means less income.

I'm also one of those people who strive for perfection in all of my writing and, here at HP, that perfection can only be achieved when all of the pictures are present. So far, I've only found two hubs I had to fix, so why wait any longer for the problem to fix itself?

Am I confusing anyone with this forum post? I didn't say anything about members having to use this method or that the system won't eventually fix itself. I hope I've simply provided a work-around solution for those people who don't want to wait for the images to reappear - and there are many of them. If my step-by-step instructions are confusing to someone or they don't quite understand what I posted, they can leave a question for me here at the forum or send me an email from my profile page. I'm always ready and willing to help anyone who asks.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
        Venkatachari Mposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your thinking is quite good. I do not want to belittle or annoy anyone. I simply put forth my views as the problems get fixed on their own as per assurance from the administration. But your intention in helping fellow hubbers is commendable and I appreciate you for that.

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 9 years ago

Squids have missing photos because HubPages does not support HTML images. They will have to replace those.

The other missing images are due to server issues which the team is working on.  I wouldn't recommend spending hours fixing photos which may well reappear on their own when the issue is fixed.

Thanks for okaying my opinion. It is true that spending time on deleting and re-posting of images is a sheer waste of time,which, otherwise, can be utilised positively.

1. profile image0

I'm not trying to be rude and obnoxious, but shouldn't the determination of whether or not something is "a waste of time" and/or the time used to replace the graphics being otherwise utilized positively be left up to the individual who "owns" the hub?  I thank you for sharing your opinion, but from what I've been reading at some of the other forum posts and in the Q&A section, some people have a different opinion. If there aren't enough people following this thread and it seems to become unnecessary, I'll request that it be removed completely by one of the staff here at HP.

Please don't get annoyed. Our opinions may differ but both of us want to help our hubbers in our own ways. Your way of thinking is also good and I appreciate you in your concern for the hubbers. I love your attitude and hope you will continue this attitude without any prejudice towards me or others.

2. profile image0

It's up to each individual to decide how they want to handle the situation. As I mentioned, I posted the OP to assist those who want to manually fix the problem and especially those who have already tried and have had problems getting the pictures to post.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)